Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 6 years ago

Supreme Court Decisions HELP?

In my History class, we have to write an essay about Supreme Decisions.

Directions: Choose one of the below cases, and write an essay stating why you think that particular case has been important in American history.

McCulloch v. Maryland - Congress has "implied powers" not stated in the Constitution

Gibbons v. Ogden - states may not interfere in interstate commerce

Marbury v. Madison - Supreme Court has right to judicial review of laws

Brown v. Board of Education - desegregation of schools, restaurants, public facilities

Plessy v. Ferguson - "separate but equal" facilities allowed for African Americans

Dred Scott Decision - slaves are property and cannot sue in court

So which one do you think is the most important in American history? All answer are appreciated, thanks! I think I have an idea of what is the most important, but I don't have very much details to write 3 paragraphs.

Thank you! :)

Oh, yeah. Sorry, that's what I meant, LortonDeformatory.

More details: what is the importance of McCulloch v. Maryland??

Which case could I write about the most?

Favorite Answer

Is the question "pick one and say why it's important," or "pick the most important one and say why it's the most important"? Those are very different questions.

These are all very important cases. It sounds like you're supposed to pick any one you like and then explain its importance, but then you start asking about which is the MOST important, which is apparently NOT your assignment.