Do i really need Adobe Flash Player (Youtube, etc...)?

I've been using Adobe Flash Player for a long time, (just because i tough it was necessary), and lately i noticed that watching videos on youtube is a "pain in the ***", because it uses about 80 to 100% of my CPU!... This has been happening since the last updates, (versions 11 to 12).

My computer isn't that bad either, i mean, i can play games such as Battlefield 3 nice and smoothly, but lately, watching videos has become impossible!

So, i searched a bit and i found out that many other people are having this problem, so i decided to uninstall Adobe Flash Player, and guess what, i still can watch videos on youtube without any lag caused by my CPU!

I've also noticed that watching videos in 1080p doesn't look as good as before (when i had adobe flash) but it's not that big of a difference, the quality still looks good but i can notice some differences!

So, is the Flash only adding more quality to stuff, (that's why it uses more CPU) ?

if so, I don't really need it, (only if i want to) right ?

some info about my PC:

Browser: Google Chrome

Processors: 2 processors, Pentium(R) Dual-core CPU E5400 @2.70GHz (not that recent but still gets the job done... for now lol)

i don't think the graphic car is that important for this but...: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

Thanks for your time!

Favorite Answer

you dont need adobe flash player if you r using chrome

From the Google forums, see http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chro... and emilio morales entry:

I appear to have fixed the problem. Simply enter "chrome://plugins" (no quotes), in the URL bar and click "+ details". the first entry of the Flash plugin section should have in the location path something to do with "PepperFlash"). Disable that one. After I did this, Flash content now plays perfectly smooth, and no longer maxes out my CPU usage. Hope this will help other people who have a similar problem. Disabling the "Phishing and Malware Filter" feature also sped up my general browsing quite a bit, but MAKE SURE you have some other form of protection on your browser first."

Ehm..

This is a good link for downloading Adobe Falsh Player for free http://j.mp/1p3PyAN

If Youtube or Facebook videos don't work anymore or if the screen is black you need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

Cheers.

• naski

It is better to have it, even though as you said you can watch videos without it.

Depends if it slows down your PC or not.

If you have Google chrome, you don't need it.