Is loneliness an issue we don't address sufficiently in today's society?

We can all experience the idea of separation and confusion from the life-giving infinite creation, and even though our physical life is one big illusion/dream, loneliness can still feel very real. It is real in a sense because it feels that way.

Apparently, there are lots of people these days and the number has been growing over the last few decades, a lot of people who feel lonely, socially excluded and feel like they have no one to talk with who would understand or even care about their situation. It can seem like to the lonely person that everybody else in the world is crazy about each other. One of the worst parts is pretending that everything in your life is rosy to others so they won't abandon you, ridicule you, completely misinterpret you, step back from you when you say it etc. Thanks to the tv, media and movies for making it seem like this issue doesn't exist at all for in these things there are hardly ever any chronically lonely people.

Are there more people than we think or are told that are experiencing prolonged loneliness?

Update:

@dave, are you a homosexual?

Update 2:

@Dave the gun is a perfect symbol for the penis, war is just a load of men waving their penises at each other, gun shoot out bullets like penis shoots out sperm to reach a target and break through the exterior. Happiness you said is a warm gun(the song) could me that you are homo and that's what makes you happy.

Update 3:

@Melody do you have a solution to your challenge?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Melody
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Yes, you are right about that. I am nearly deaf and have wanted to get to know people through the Internet but no such luck. My church isn't interested in such a thing, and everyone I've got to know on the Internet is either too busy, not interested, or very dysfunctional and/or mentally ill or has severe anger problems.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Happiness is a warm gun.

No, why?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.