How Much Hoarse Power Would My 2004 Ford Explorer Limited Edition 4.6L V8 Engine get with a supercharger?

Ok so i have a 2004 Ford Explorer Limited Edition 4.6L V8 Engine and want a supercharger like this in the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-DUAL-FAN-PROPELLER-TUR... How would this supercharger affect my Suv will i gain more HP?? HOW MUCH HP COULD I GET??? Will i Get better fuel economy? or worse or what? would it do great performance?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That's not a supercharger, that's a scam. A legit supercharger will run you $3,000-$5,000 . You will get zero HP gains with that thing, you'll probably actually lose power.

Contrary to what James D mentioned the 4.6L isn't particularly fragile. I've had a Kenne Bell supercharger on my 2003 Mustang GT for around 65k miles now, and haven't had any problems with it.

• james
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

The stock 4.6 had very fragile parts.it would destroy it.the gains in hp wouldn't be even close to being worth it.i have a 1998 f150 with the 4.6.it is a long bed with a cab and extended cab.not a light weight by any means and it has plenty of power to merge onto a fast moving interstate etc.i don't see what your problem might be.i also tow a 3000 pound trailer with it 5000 when loaded.no problems.if you just want a hot rod to blow up then buy an old 5.0 fox mustang for 2000.its way cheaper than a supercharger.

• 6 years ago

Learn to spell would help ! What is Hoarse power ?? The Ford Explorer must have a rough exhaust sound ?

• Nomadd
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Zero. That thing's a toy meant only to get $23 from suckers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.