Are Chinese ebay sellers legit?

I'm looking for a cheap homecoming dress and stumbled across the perfect one on ebay. The seller has nearly perfect reviews and the product is super cheap. However, it all seems to good to be true.

This is the item I am looking at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beaded-Strapless-Homecomin...

Should I purchase or is this a scam?

Favorite Answer

The problem with Chinese dresses is that they are usually knockoffs of name brand dresses that are made with cheaper fabric and are not cut the same as the real thing. And it can take up to 12 weeks for something to arrive from China. I know last year around May there were loads of people on Yahoo complaining how they bought a prom dress from China but it hadn't arrived in time for their prom and they had to buy another dress

A friend bought a wedding dress from a Chinese site that she thought was the real designer. She did not get the dress until 3 days before her wedding and it looked NOTHING like the photo. The dress was made of cheap white polyester instead of cream silk, the beads were glued not sewn on and half had come off in the box, the seams were uneven, and even though she ordered her normal size, she could not even fit into the dress as it as 2 sizes too small. She ended up having to settle for a cheap off the rack dress she could find that fit her instead of the dream dress that she wanted for her wedding

I don't know if that seller is legit or not, but I would never buy anything as important as a homecoming dress that I could not try on to see if it fit first. If it doesn't fit, it will be too late for you to return it and get a new dress. So are you willing to take that risk? Or would you rather just print out a picture of that dress and try to find a local seamstress to make it. It might cost a little more, but when you add in shipping and the Customs duty you'd have to pay on anything coming in from China, the price will probably be the same

• Linda

I have had good luck wit ebay sellers but you never know. You can't touch or look at the dress to see how well it is actually made and that would worry me. Besides, don't forget the old saying "If it seems to good to be true...."

Kittysue is correct..plus chinese sizes are always smaller than western ones. the reviews could have been made by them or their friends. like kitty said, i wouldn't take the risk, and the chinese are really ruthless when it comes to production and quality; let alone trying to get in an argument with them across continents.

i bought many things online, but they always looked better / bigger on picture. and the only thing i would never buy online is clothing/shoes; you got to touch it and wear it first.

Participate in paid surveys is enjoyable, fascinating, and economically rewarding and you can inform what you think of the products you make use of every day due to the fact that every year big and small companies spend billions of dollars on surveys and market research to assist learn what products people as you wish to buy!

• ?

Can you afford to buy a second dress if this one doesn't work out, arrives late, or doesn't fit?

I wouldn't call it a scam, just very, very cheap.

they are legit sellers BUT all sellers from China CANNOT supply an international tracking number.

(unless you pay alot more.) you will pay they will ship, it can take up to a month to get to you.

Most dresses are similar to designer's dress, not real designer's.