01 Hyundai elantra gls stuck in Park in the cold?

Every winter has been fine for my car until this year. Whenever it hits 15 or below at night... In the morning I can't get it to shift out of park, the button to shift acts like my foot isn't on the brake, so it won't let me press it to change gear. My foot is on the brake pedal, so spare me that... show more Every winter has been fine for my car until this year.

Whenever it hits 15 or below at night... In the morning I can't get it to shift out of park, the button to shift acts like my foot isn't on the brake, so it won't let me press it to change gear.
My foot is on the brake pedal, so spare me that answer.

Last few times it took 30 mins of the car warming up in order to change the gear finally so I can leave. When it does come free, the button feels more free than usual, but today (10 degrees)... It has taken longer and I'm still stuck in my driveway late to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
1 answer 1