What are some great ways to start off your day?

Some of us can be quite moody in the mornings. So you're not a morning person, that's ok! Besides drinking some coffee, what are some great ways to start your day off? We'd love to hear the suggestions!

Favorite Answer

Well, you will always need a good amount of sleep! Like people always say, get at least 6-8 hours of sleep. Sleep in the dark, of course, and sleeping with a pair of socks on will always help.

Anyway, when you wake up, you should start off your day with a good breakfast. An ordinary plate of eggs, bacon, or sausages will do good. Or, eat some peanut butter on bread for protein. Also, you can eat cornbread, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, bagels, yogurt... anything that you prefer and is good for you, really. Don't forget a glass of milk or some orange juice. And water. It's important to stay hydrated.

Many people overlook this, but you should stretch in the morning. Wake up those muscles, get the blood flowing. Touch your toes, stretch your back, or do some yoga moves. It really is healthy for your body.

Whether you are in a rush or not, it is nice to take about 5 minutes to sit at your window and enjoy the view... be blessed about your surroundings. After all, it is a new day! Look at the trees, the singing birds, the road that holds new opportunities...

You can listen to some music that fits your mood. Nice, peaceful music will always make you happy.

What about a morning walk? Breathe in the morning air, look at the sunlight shining down on the ground... and be sure to tell your neighbors good morning! It is nice to spread happiness to start your day.

First of all you need to have a good amount of sleep.

Lack of Sleep will cause you to feel drowsy 6-8 hours at least.

In addition to that try putting your alarm earlier so you Don't have

A chaotic morning !

When you wake up be appreciative of that you are here and the things you have got :)

TIP : Open all your windows

Why ?: Overnight you are breathing especially when you have your door shut germs will be circulating where you are staying so let them germs go away and allow new fresh air in.

1) Freshen up & do some stretches

Days will become great when you are fresh puts you in a good mood, also stretching it will help your muscles.

Do Yoga, if you are stuck on what to do Record it or Watch it

2)Meditate

Meditation will help you it will give you a nice positive day !

3) Eat

Starting of with something to eat will give you the energy for your day also if you have no breakfast it can cause you to be moody and have headaches and nausea

4) Think Positive

By starting your day of with bad thoughts will make your day end bad starting positive will end positive

5) Smile

Even though you may not feel like smiling, smiling will send messages to your brain that you are happy :D

6) Breath in Fresh Air

Get Fresh air to your lungs, Try the balcony or garden

7) Check the news and weather

You don't want to be dressed up then realise its going to be Freezing cold also by checking the news you can find out if any transport you take will be delayed then you can take another route its always good to be aware

Nobody is Perfect we all have bad days so don't get annoyed there are plenty of days ahead of you. But remember the better days you have will make you a better person Good Luck !x

Source(s): Myself :D

A BIG Breakfast.

Too many people go out to work on 'Fresh air and a joke'.

A quick Big breakfast menu:-

Poached soft summer fruits

Cereal (Muesli) with milk

Poached egg on toast

Two more rounds of toast and marmalade

Two cups of tea ( tea is my preference).

That will 'stoke you up' for the day.

It takes a maximum of ten minutes to make.

Also having a good feed will take the 'moodiness' away.

Nobody when they have eaten is 'moody'.

A lot of people will say they are not hungry at breakfast, so don't eat. Go to bed with a little bit of 'bite' on the stomach, you will then arise hungry and eat.

Remember to old proverb: -

Breakfast like a king

Lunch like a lord

Dine like a pauper.

I am definitely wide awake by 6.00am every day, my alarm goes off at 5.45, definitely a morning person, I wake up to the sound of music each day, usually the sun is just rising by that time anyway so its always nice and warm.

I love a nice shower first thing, followed by a glass of cold water, which is always followed by some fruit juice, then i go out for a nice morning walk down by the beach, which is really great if there is a nice gentle breeze, theres usually a crowd of people there already, everyone having a chat and a laugh, its a great way to get started before the working day starts !

bacon, or sausages will do good. Or, eat some peanut butter on bread for protein. Also, you can eat cornbread, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, bagels, yogurt... anything that you prefer and is good for you, really. Don't forget a glass of milk or some orange juice. And water. It's important to stay hydrated.

I have a really hard time doing this but whenever I do I start my day off in a great mood. I wake up 2 hours before I have to start getting ready for work. I wash my face, watch a couple episodes of my favorite show and chill out whatever way i see fit. I eat breakfast!! Then when it's time to get dressed/shower/etc, I bump awesome tunes. Works every time,

Good question for people who have "awful" mornings, here's my answer:

1: Put a vase of strong scented flowers with a scent that you like, next to you, and once you wake up, take a deep breath, it will already give your day a positive start.

2: After brushing your teeth and washing your face, try to exercise a bit, do how many push ups and crunches as you can and stop before sweating, exercise releases what I like to call "happy hormones" (no explanation needed!) through the rest of the day, and if you do it regularly, it will stay with you all the time.

3: After you go to the kitchen, I prefer tea over coffee, because yes, coffee will wake you up, but tea will relax you and give you positive thoughts, instead of hyper.

4 (which is actually suppose to come between 1 & 2...), when you wash your face, smile to the mirror, even try to make yourself laugh, it's no joke to say that starting a morning with a smile is healthy, and with a giggle it's also better!

5: Eat healthy, salad and cheese is the best meal but if you're too tired to make salad then you should be weary of the cereals you buy, most of them have high amounts of sugar in the which is not healthy, and after a certain period of time will affect your mood.

6: Once you're out of the house, put your favorite music on (on the phone or on the car), do I need say more?

Have a beautiful morning!...

It's all too forgotten how important water is. A glass first thing in the morning is just what the body needs.

Even on a cold morning a glass of warm/hot water from the kettle is perfect. To maintain it's benefits, try and drink a glass every couple of hours. I find that even if you drink quite a bit of tea and coffee throughout the day, drinking enough water is vital.

It's also great for the kidneys, flushing out toxins and noticeable in the skin's appearance.

:)>