Ankle injury question?

About three weeks ago I rolled my ankle pretty bad. It started swelling up huge almost immediately. I couldn't move or bear any weight on it but waited a few days just to see if it would heal itself. it ended up just getting worse and bruised from my toes to the top of my shin. Everyone who saw my ankle at this... show more About three weeks ago I rolled my ankle pretty bad. It started swelling up huge almost immediately. I couldn't move or bear any weight on it but waited a few days just to see if it would heal itself. it ended up just getting worse and bruised from my toes to the top of my shin. Everyone who saw my ankle at this point was sure it was broken in some way. So I went in for x rays but the doctor said there were no visible breaks and therefore a sprain that should heal in about two weeks. Well it's now been three weeks and it's still a little swollen and bruised and the best I can manage is a Frankenstein limp for short distances and I still need to use crutches for anything farther. My question is is it possible that there could have been some kind of fracture that was missed on the initial x rays? Thanks in advance
3 answers 3