Ami D asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 7 years ago

Air Travel from LAX to La Paz, Mexico?

Hi, any suggestions on days of the week or airlines to fly for non-stop flights from Los Angeles to La Paz, Mexico? Would like to get a direct flight which airlines used to offer a few years back, but am having a hard time finding any. Also, not interested in flying to Cabo and driving. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately Alaska Airlines no longer flies there and if i take a 1 stop it tacks on hours and hours

Favorite Answer

Hello there, you can search around the Los Angeles area, like Burbank, Long Beach, Ontario, or Orange County and find your non-stop flight. I found one out of Ontario airport (I lived two years in Pomona) for about $505 round-trip http://www.priceline.com/airlines/fareResults.do?s... and another promotion for this Spring (maybe sooner) from Alaska Airlines between Los Angeles and La Paz, Mexico for $119. Here is the link below and you can also check on their main website. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alaska-air...

Lax To La Paz

If it was me I would rent a car and drive. Its not a bad drive at all, I think about 2-3 hours travel time. If you don't want to drive then I know there are buses that run from La Paz to Cabo, but then it you will be on their schedule and run a little slower. I would say if you are going to drive get into the airport and find a hotel for the night and rent a car and do the drive in the morning, these are highways in Mexico and can be a little crazier then those up here in the states, so do the drive in the daylight if possible. If you want to take the bus then you can probably get one that night that will get you into Cabo when the parties are just getting going if that's your cup of tea!I hope this helps.

There are no nonstop fights... However your lowest fare would be with Aeromexico going through Mexico city but If you want a united states carrier then Delta offers a flight but your still gonna be on a AeroMexico plane. So your Answer would have to be not direct on Aeromexico.