Anonymous

Delay in receiving yahoo mail?

I noticed for the past week or so, I'm not getting my emails right away, I have a few family members that use gmail, and the emails they send me don't show up in my inbox until a couple of hours after they send them. I've only gotten a couple of emails right after they were sent, but the other ones take hours to arrive. Is anyone else having this problem? Is this a yahoo mail error or gmail?

• ANDY
    Favorite Answer

The only answer I can give you "sst" is to try the BASIC version which is quite fast. Once you've gotten in it, though, you'd better place it in your «favorites». This way you can select either the full featured version or the Basic if the former won't send you the mails right away. If you do not know the procedure to enter BASIC, do this then :

>go to gear top right→ select settings→select Viewing email→go down to the right and place the dot in the small box next to the word BASIC→go all the way down to the left and click SAVE. That's all.

Now......I suggest you also place the regular version in the «favorites». Why? Because this way you can call for both versions and have them at the very top and switch from one to the other as you wish. This is what I do every time I go into Yahoo mail. Good luck!

Yahoo Mail Delay

I have spent weeks trying to figure this out. It first started with the Yahoo android app update that wouldn't load and kept crashing. Unusable. Then the desktop version started having trouble. I contacted yahoo customer care and I was told I had too many unread emails. OK, Strange because it worked fine when I had 2x that amount weeks before. So I spent time to dump everything down to a few hundred. Then I still had problems receiving. Then Yahoo told me I had too many sent emails. Dumped most of those too. Still doesn't work. They then gave me the standard troubleshoot link which was no help at all.

I don't think they know what's going on, and clearly I'm not the only one with problems. I have no idea if they can even fix this (or even care) but I think it's time to say goodbye to Yahoo mail and move permanently to gmail.

Same here. Been going on for 2 weeks now. I get up in the morning and there will be 3-5 emails that showed up in my inbox at 3am or something that had been sent to me10-12 hours earlier. I feel every few months or so Yahoo has issues with their mail.

Same issue here. Not receiving emails until hours after sent. They are usually pushing through in the middle of the night. No way to call customer service (shame on you yahoo especially for those paying for plus like myself) and only way is to send a form email. I own a business and if this is not remedied soon I will switch my service as well and promptly cancel yahoo. Sounds like many people are having this issue would be great if yahoo could explain why. Even telling us to be patient while it is being fixed is better than nothing.

Same here! I sent myself two emails from work (outlook) and neither of them showed up in my yahoo account until 3am this morning. I was waiting to hear back from someone that I emailed around 4pm yesterday and I didnt get her response until 3am, but the time stamp on her email was 6:30 p.m. Had approximately 5 emails roll in my inbox that arrived between 2:59 a.m. and 3:50 a.m. and all of them were sent the previous day in the afternoon or evening. Its not happining with all of my emails but quite a few are being delayed and I dont know why.

I have this problem for a month now. I use outlook 2010 for my multiple accounts and the problem is yahoo only. all others work fine. i'm yahoo plus user. Contacted customer service 10 days ago, they responded right away that this is known problem and they working on it. now every other day i receive update from yahoo support starting "we still working..don't worry..be happy.. but the problem still remains..i'm really thinking ditching yahoo and go fastmail or gmail for good. i use yahoo for business and cant loose a deal because email was 2 hrs delayed..shame on yahoo,,,,

PS. Just started another problem with yahoo sending emails thru outlook...every couple sent mails,,,then it stops working and i have to change smptp server settings from 465 to 587..it works 10 min and then 587 to 465 and so on and so forth...yahoo, what is happening....long-going holidays in India :-)

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awrwb

Almost every yahoo user is experiencing this problem at one time or the other. The reason is this * Yahoo is loading the Inbox and other pages with heavy and massive advertisements since a week. It is no more a service as it was in the past. It is exploiting its million users with business dimensions. So because they are loading the pages with different sorts of heavy advertisements every second, one or two mails will get dropped and it comes only later, most probably 1-3 hours. The other mails will come in the old quick fashion. * You can test now on other mail providers like hotmail or gmail or rediff. A mail from hotmail to hotmail or hotmail to gmail will come in the next second, in the flash of an eye time. But Yahoo to Hotmail (or other providers) and from Hotmail (or other providers) to Yahoo takes more time. Send them letters asking them to cut down heavy advertisements. I remember an advertisement of pepsi that appeared on my inbox a few days back. It was taking the whole page for a flash show of 2 seconds.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Delay in receiving yahoo mail?

I noticed for the past week or so, I'm not getting my emails right away, I have a few family members that use gmail, and the emails they send me don't show up in my inbox until a couple of hours after they send them. I've only gotten a couple of emails right after they were sent, but...

Source(s): delay receiving yahoo mail: https://biturl.im/PrydX

We are an ESP hearing the same complaints from our customers. All of our customers have DKIM authenticated mail and follow best practices in email marketing, most even have a sender score of 97 or 99! Yahoo really needs to step it up and fix the issues with delivery. It would also be great if they responded to customers with a real person and not robots. For now we can only recommend to our customers to ask their subscribers to add their From/Reply to address to their safe senders list in Yahoo and to open a support ticket with Yahoo about the issue.