Who does the Texas Transportation Code pertain to?

After line-by-line exhaustive research looking for the definition of "transportation" in the code, I realized that the main word of the title isn't even defined. So, I went to Black's Law Dictionary (4th Ed) and found it with the case law defining what it is. Transportation: "The removal of... show more After line-by-line exhaustive research looking for the definition of "transportation" in the code, I realized that the main word of the title isn't even defined. So, I went to Black's Law Dictionary (4th Ed) and found it with the case law defining what it is.
Transportation: "The removal of goods or persons from one place to another, by a carrier." Railroad Co. v. Pratt, 22 Wall. 133, 22 L. Ed. 827; Interstate Commerce Com'n v. Brisom, 14 S. Ct. 1125, 154 U.S. 447, 38 L. Ed. 1047; Gloucester Ferry Co. v. Pennsylvania, 5 S. Ct. 826, 114 U.S. 196, 29 L. Ed. 158.
Carrier: "One employed or engaged in the business of carrying goods for others for hire." Roeske v. Lamb, 39 N.M. 111, 41 P. 2d. 522, 523.”

According to the Supreme Court, transportation is the movement of commerce while being paid to do so. So, if that be the case, then the Tx. Trans. Code ONLY applies to the commercial use, not private, of the highways, roads, and streets within the state.
1 answer 1