hlf3285 asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 6 years ago

A good red lipstick that doesn't look pink?

Hi everyone,

I have searched hi and low for a good red lipstick. I hate pink and the way it looks, and every red I ever buy looks pink as soon as I blot it. I even bought a Chanel red hoping that maybe a more expensive lipstick would actually be true to its color. Unless I globber it on and make a real statement, it's pink too. Can I even buy a red lipstick that won't be pink if I don't apply a lot? Thanks.

• Lava

Avon's Autumn Red (discontinued I believe, it's a perfect brick red without a hint of pink.)

Rimmel's Kate Moss #1. Barry M in Pillarbox Red. MAC's Russian Red or Lady Danger. NYX Snow White or Merlot. Tarte's Spirited.

I have the same problem, some people's skin chemistry brings out the pink in red lipsticks. Look for red lipsticks with distinct orange tones, or deeper ones with wine tones, not berry tones.

Kat Von D's Hellbent lipstick from Sephora is a true red, no pink tones. Nyx Eros, chaos lipsticks, Is a bright red. Also you can try to put concealer on you lips to improve the shade and to get the lipstick to last longer.

• Mabe

Hannah, stay along the lines of your natural lip color. Going shades lighter or darker with it. Much like hair color, to achieve success.

Just because red looks good, it won't if you lips are not red. But, if you go for the most primary shade of your lip color, you will have more noticeable lip definition you want. Try a color chart of your natural lip color, and follow the scale of color's, from lightest to darkest on it. You will find they will all match you mood, depending on what you are planning on doing that day. Just something casual, or with more flair. Much like paint samples. Hard to explain online.

I recommend baby lips. If you get the red one, even if you blot it, it will be red. Also I' recommend you blot more because obviously it won't work red if you aren't blotting enough.. Maybe it's the way you're applying it, not the lipstick itself.

I like to use color sensational in shade 625 are you ready by Maybelline. it's a nice bright classy red there are no pink tones no orange tones its just red and it works wonderful with anything!

Source(s): makeup is my life <3

There's a Rimmel London "Kate X" range, they do a burgundy red which looks pure red even when you use a lot, It lasts for ages and I love it!

Revlon's Creme cherries in the snow it's about $5. It has a perfect blue undertone.

MAC ruby woo or MAC russian red use either of them with MAC redd lipliner and you will have super red lips

Source(s): Mua

I suggest Wet and Wild. Its cheap but really bright!