promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
R J
Lv 7
R J asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

To promote the use of electric cars should the government sponsor those type of car races on the tube?

you know like the NASCAR stuff , say have BOLT racing and then it would be sorta cool and people who could afford them wold buy more.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes that certainly wouldn't hurt to encourage more electric vehicles. They are catching on though. They other day while I was on the road I saw two Tesla S, two Chevy Volts and a Nissan Leaf all within a half hour.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Investment will certainly help any company or a collection of companies in an industry. There are times when it makes sense for the government to be the investor. But I am not entirely sure that investing in Nascar racing is the best method to promote electric cars.

The most critical problem for electric cars is a matter of infrastructure. Electric drive requires electricity. That electricity can be stored on the vehicle in batteries, made on the vehicle with hybrids from gasoline or transmitted to the vehicles as we have successfully done for 100 years with subways or trams. Transmitting electricity to electric vehicles wirelessly through roadways is a reality in Korea. It has been experimented with elsewhere. Studies have shown that transmission is the cheapest way to implement EV technology.

So if some politician wants to promote a kind of bread and circus EV mentality in hopes of increasing popularity then promoting races might be a way to go. If the intention was to promote a vision for the future with electric vehicles than wireless infrastructure is the way to go.

• y
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

electric cars saving us from fossil is second to the most foolish eco movement. Using our food as a fuel source.

between the power needed for recharging, the batteries manufacturing and recycling. There are no environmental savings. Don't misunderstand, I was all for them at first, I though it was a wonderful idea, then I looked into it a bit deeper, it's a load of crap. Just like corn, it takes more to make then the ethanol saves or gives, pathetic.

Natural gas autos, we should be wasting all that eco money on infrastructure for natural gas.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Con's don't know this But about a century ago the evil big government stared to heavily underwrite the then nascent aircraft industry and that process has continued to this day > see NASA

It is in the best interest of future generations of Americans for the evil big government to continue that process with the nascent electric car industry

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

The government already sponsors NASCAR as part of military recruiting efforts.

• Jamey
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

The UK Gov. doesn't sponsor entertainment, I doubt yours does either.

• 6 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.