If I made 300k per year, how much would I actually TAKE HOME after taxes?

Specifically in Oregon.

How much would I actually TAKE HOME after taxes, per year? If I made 300k per year.

and let's say you have 4 kids, and already OWN a home (aka, you already PAID OFF all the mortgage and stuff, and you completely OWN it, and let's say it's worth 600k).

also, would the amount you take home after taxes be GREATER if you have 6 kids instead of just 4?

Favorite Answer

An accurate answer is not possible without a lot more information. Few folks at that income level take the standard deduction even if they don't have a mortgage. If you did take the standard deduction your net after all taxes, FICA, federal, state and the Medicare surtax would be just under $210k. Claiming more children probably would not make much difference on your federal return as you are in AMT territory at that income level with that many children. It might be a little better at the state level, but I have not run the numbers.

If you want a more accurate answer, try this calculator: http://www.tax-rates.org/income-tax-calculator/?re...

• Hugh M

In the region of 200k but there are many variables I'm sure there is a tax calculator online. If it was your own business and you had a lot of expenses wink wink maybe more

Source(s): Self employed

value of the home is irrelevant. Figure about 60% or about $180K. Yes, you would get slightly more if you had 6 kids.

• Caren

no one can calculate these numbers,,, too many other factors.

ex: 401K, charities, municipal bond funds, income from investments