Tai chi for anti-anxiety purposes?

Hi, yes. So I've been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks since the beginning of last year and have since been put on Clonazepam 0.5 mg tablets to help this. They work well but I was wondering if an internal martial art like tai chi could help combat these feelings of overwhelming anxiety. In general,... show more Hi, yes. So I've been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks since the beginning of last year and have since been put on Clonazepam 0.5 mg tablets to help this. They work well but I was wondering if an internal martial art like tai chi could help combat these feelings of overwhelming anxiety. In general, I'm not a competitive person, I'm not one to show off, and I probably couldn't hurt anyone even if I tried. I'm also short and heavy set. If that helps. I'm financially compromised, unfortunately, so taking classes right away would be out of the question. But in the future I think any knowledge on the martial art would be helpful. Any personal experiences would be appreciated as well.
4 answers 4