How do you clone a hard drive on windows 7?

I just bout a 128gb samsung SSD. My current HDD is 700gb (I'm only using 90gb) and is inside my samsung series 7 chronos laptop. What is the easiest way to clone my hard drive onto my ssd? Are there any free programs? I tried a few programs, but the main issue is that it wont let me copy data from a larger... show more I just bout a 128gb samsung SSD. My current HDD is 700gb (I'm only using 90gb) and is inside my samsung series 7 chronos laptop.

What is the easiest way to clone my hard drive onto my ssd? Are there any free programs?

I tried a few programs, but the main issue is that it wont let me copy data from a larger hard drive onto a smaller one, even though I am only using 90gb on my larger hard drive (which is my HDD). My ssd has 128gb capacity, so shouldn't I be able to clone my HDD onto my SSSD?
Update: Matt: It wont allow me to partition the HDD to less than 300GB or so. How can I resolve this? Thanks for your help.