Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 6 years ago

How to sing sorta like Adele?

So not necessarily like Adele but in the song "rolling in the deep" when she says there's a fire ... When she says fire she makes her voice kinda move to different notes as I was wondering what that's called and how to do that? I'm not talking about vibrato but idk what it's called. Also, people say I'm an okay singer and I ask what I could do to improve and they say I'm not naisily but not like other singers???

Favorite Answer

First of all, please STOP imitating other singers, you are YOU and your voice is unique as are the anatomy and physiology of your larynx. Imitating is ALWAYS HAZARDOUS for ANYONE, and especially if voice abusers such as Adele are the role models. Adele has RUINED her voice because of smoking, oversinging and singing with incorrect, UNhealthy singing and breathing techniques!

In fact, it takes obviously some talent, some luck, LOTS of patience, diligence, courage, hard work, dedication and LOTS of lessons with a GOOD vocal teacher. Besides, your voice will keep maturing until you are in your mid-30s so you need a lot of TIME as well. Therefore:

THE ONLY SAFE way to learn the correct singing techniques & to improve properly IS to take OFFLINE face-to-face singing lessons with a fully trained vocal teacher! The teacher HAS TO BE in the same room with you, so that he/she can give you proper feedback. However, even the best teachers in the world cannot make wonders, so please be realistic with this. Singing lessons are NOT going to help if one is tone-deaf!

Please do NOT rely on any dodgy web tutorials because that way you can misunderstand things VERY EASILY and develop bad habits, hoarseness, vocal nodules and other nasties IN NO TIME, and even though you would sound good! It is always much wiser to invest a little bit of your money/time to face-to-face lessons rather than wasting the same amount of money (or even more!) to frequent ear-nose-throat specialist visits due to aforementioned problems, so please reconsider this. If you can't afford vocal lessons, then joining a choir is the only SAFE alternative option. And believe me, but even MANY of those who have music as their hobby DO take lessons as well!

Always remember to warm up your voice properly, but please know your limits and don't overdo your voice! Remember the diaphragmatic support, do not strain your throat too much! Also, remember good body posture!

Avoid fizzy drinks (burp danger), dairy products (mucus risk), caffeinated products (coffee & tea included, they dry up your throat) and spicy food (irritation risk)! You can consume these things, but NEVER before singing!

Do NOT shout, yell, scream nor otherwise abuse your voice AT ANY TIME! Also, please respect your vocal range; if your teacher says you are, say, more of an alto (baritone if you are male), then you ARE more of an alto (baritone).

DO NOT try to imitate anyone famous, that will usually give you just bad habits and even damage your throat. You are YOU and your voice is unique, so please learn to cherish that. The world does NOT need copycats.

Do NOT sing, whisper, shout, yell nor scream if having a sore throat/cold/flu, Also, do speak as little as you can if you have flu/cold/sore throat!

Remember to drink at least 2 litres of room-temperature still water every day, not just during singing days!

Smoking is a big no-no, as is inhaling secondhand smoke. Also, avoid staying in dusty and/or moldy environment.

Source(s): a student of speech-language-voice therapy

These days you can learn how to sing over the internet. Check out Aaron Anastasi's singing video lessons here: http://www.superiorsingingmethod.link The videos are very easy to follow and to my surprise extremely helpful even for advanced singers. For beginners I would have to say this is a gold mine. I was able to improve my singing, voice tone and range in just under two weeks and I am an advanced musician, been doing this for the last 13 years.

I live in New York City, I wanted to go to a singing teacher but that would have cost me over $1400 per month. Good thing with this internet, $1400 it's a lot of money for me.

The best thing you can do to really get your voice in shape is to practice, practice, practice - and I don't mean in the shower or while you are driving on the freeway. You need to be able to practice where you can stand straight up, with good posture, for at least 30 minutes at a time. You need time to warm-up your vocal cords, practice your scales, and then embark on singing some of your favorite tunes!

Instantly Learn How to Sing Any Song with a Per Bristow review Click Here : https://tr.im/howtosingingbetter

skill bro, i can do it to