Why do Jahova Witnesses believe this?

hey jehovah witness from England told me that they believe that Jesus was made king of heaven in 1914... Note thats 100 years ago. And he became king from a war in heaven and the devil lost. Now answer me this... The only war during that time was World War One. How could they believe that if they have no clue that there was a war in heaven? And don't tell some bullshit like "Just believe it and in faith" I want a real answer. How do they know? Why do they believe it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Mimi
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

JWs point out that WW I was clear indication that Satan was thrown out of heaven after Jesus became King ....on October 1 1914....came down to earth and in anger started the war.

The problem is that WW1 started in July/August 1914, a few months before Satan's expulsion from heaven.

The Watchtower is known to change history to harmonize with its doctrines.

Another good example is their insistence that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 ...not 587 as all experts in history and archaeology believe.

607 is important for their 1914 chronology.

Source(s): jwfacts.com website
  • 7 years ago

It's more than just world war one as a sign we live in the time that Jesus took up Kingship in the heavens. Revelation 12:12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”

Jesus also said the wars would be a sign of the time we live in, Matthew 24:6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

And the Bible tells of the spirit that would dominate most of mankind; 2nd Timothy 3:1-5 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

These things were written centuries ago, yet they are being fulfilled right before our eyes.

God's kingdom, in the near future, will end all war, crime, violence, sickness, and death; Micah 4:2-4, Psalm 46:9, Isaiah 33:24, and Revelation 21:3-4.

Have a nice night.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Don't get down on the Witnesses. They don't lie any more than other believers in revealed religion, and they were one of the VERY FEW Christian denominations who didn't suck up to Hitler in Nazi Germany. Many of them died in concentration camps. I cut them some slack because of that.

Most "Christians" spent the war licking the blacking off Hitler's boots. I was glad to find that some didn't -- not just some individuals, but an entire sect.

• 7 years ago

When Jesus left earth and ascended into heaven the angel told the onlookers that he would come again in the same "manner".

The "manner" was that only his followers saw him leave. The rest of the world didn't know about it. Only those are SINCERELY interested in his return are the ones who know the details about it.

If I am SINCERELY interested in a sports car, I know how many horsepower it has, cylinders, torque, etc.

The information is in the Bible for any who want to dig after it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

It is prophecy given to us in the Bible book of Daniel.

It is the "appointed times of the nations"

It started in 607 B.C.E. when Babylon destroyed Jerusalem and killed the last Israelite king.

It ended in 1914 when Jesus kicked Satan was kicked out heaven.

There is way too much information on this to put it all here. If you want all the research material on how we know this date is when Satan was kicked out of heaven and Jesus started ruling in heaven please e-mail me guywithagrin@yahoo.com or go to http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e and type in Appointed times of the Nations

There is a ton of research material and how we know 1914 is when Jesus took his station as King.

I

• 7 years ago

The event is spoken of in the Bible at Revelation 12:7-9 ...

7"And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war, 8and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven.…9And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.…"

So Satan was cast down from Heaven, to the Earth, and the world has not been the same since.

WW1 was obviously the FIRST WORLD WIDE WAR. ..The world has not been at peace since.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Because there's this thing called a timeline. Is that a good answer to a bullsh!t question?

• 7 years ago

They believe it because it is their religion. It is no more illogical and baseless as any other religion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.