Good Pennsylvania colleges?

I want to become a Kindergarten teacher. I'm considering majoring in Early Childhood Education. I'm signing up for Fast Web so I can start signing up for some scholarships. Any way, it wants me to pick out some colleges of interest. Specific names and everything. I definitely don't want to go out of state since I would have to pay more. I think I'm just going to stick with Pennsylvania. I said Pennsylvania State University Main-Campus and their Erie college, Penn State Behrend. They are the more expensive colleges though and I don't even know if they have Early Childhood Education. (I should probably do research on it)

What are some good Pennsylvania colleges? Preferably ones that have what I want to major in.

Favorite Answer

The best colleges in Pennsylvania is Penn, followed by Penn State and Pittsburgh which are roughly equal, then maybe Drexel. Other ones that come to mind for education are Slippery Rock and Haverford.

Any of those will give you what you need to become a kindergarten teacher. My recommendation would be to apply to all of these (or use the internet to find others that appeal to you more), then choose among the 2-3 cheapest options. You're pretty likely to get a well-paying job, so student debt is not catastrophic, but there's still no reason to pay tens of thousands of dollars more than you need to.

Good luck!

Source(s): PhD, former Pennsylvanian, wife is a teacher

No doubt Penn State