What pays more in the civilian world, CTT or IT experience?

My husband is a CTT in the Navy which includes clearance. He has the option of re-enlisting this summer but switching to IT and trying to retire in 10 years....or, he can get out this coming December with his CTT experience. He's already talked to a couple of companies curious about him. The starting range... show more My husband is a CTT in the Navy which includes clearance. He has the option of re-enlisting this summer but switching to IT and trying to retire in 10 years....or, he can get out this coming December with his CTT experience. He's already talked to a couple of companies curious about him. The starting range seems to be around $40k-$60k from what we've seen depending on location. My concerns are that IT may be less. Is that true? I know there are probably many factors that may go into the answer, but I'm looking for a general idea. His only college credits have come from his work. Unless they make him switch jobs again he'd get out with 6 years CTT, 10 years IT and 4 years Infantry from when he was Army. What do you think would be the most lucrative choice? Our dream is to settle as civilians in the North West, Washington, Idaho, or even Alaska as we've lived there before and miss it.
3 answers 3