Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 7 years ago

YG Entertainment Audition 2014?

I am Chinese and I want to audition for yg but i don't understand/speak Korean at all so i was wondering if i could still audition. I know English, mandarin, and Cantonese fluently. I was to know the format for auditioning such as post auditions and others. also here are some questions i hope you can help me with:

1) does nationality matter?

2)do they accept non Koreans?

3) how many stages are there to auditioning?

4) if u dont know korean, will they teach you?

5) do you go to school? if so, what classes do you need to take?

6) do u get to choose your own stage name?

7) do u live in a hotel or do they have somewhere for u to go?

8) age and weight limits?

9) is it good if u can sing live?

10) required to undergo plastic surgery?

11) trainee life?

12) expenses for going to korea are all paid?

13) what if u fail the audition in korea, what do u do?

14) be placed in a group or solo?

15) required to dye hair and wear tons of makeup?

THANKS :)

Favorite Answer

Your questions have been posted and answered more than 100 times on Y!A by other people. I'll answer it anyway. Oh, and let me say this now. It's not worth auditioning because there are too many people auditioning.

1 & 2. Yes. The only FAMOUS KPop idols I know are all East Asians with one exception.

3. I heard it's highly competitive, so I'm assuming more than 3.

4. Of course. Again, there are foreigners who are KPop idols.

5. Not much info on this. Yes, you need to attend school. SM has its own, but I'm not sure about YG.

6. You'll have say in it.

7. You'll live in a dorm. Don't you think it'll be expensive to live in a hotel?

8. Most auditionees are around 15. Two members of 2ne1 were trainees when they were in early 20s (now close to 30s). As for weight, that depends on your height.

9. Of course it is. What's the point if you can't sing live? You'll be one of those fake singers.

10. YG? Not likely.

11. Extremely harsh compared trainee lives of SM. Just because you're a trainee doesn't mean you'll debut, so better not waste few years of your time.

12. You'll have to talk to YG. If you're not accepted, I doubt YG will cover that.

13. Another common sense question. Go back to China or wherever you live.

14. Most likely a group.

15. Yep.

Yg Entertainment Audition 2014

Hello there. ^_^

I'm not a trainee or anything myself... so I'll try to answer your questions the best that I can.

1) does nationality matter?

No, but they usually accept Asians in the end. Because common sense: it's a Korean company!

2)do they accept non Koreans?

Go back to number 1.

There's approx. three stages.

Yes, obviously. How do you expect to become a k-pop star if you don't know Korean?

In S.M they have their own school, and like the other answer, I don't know about YG.

Yes.

They have dorms for you, or if your family is in Korea, you can live with them.

8) age and weight limits?

No, no limits. If they think you're overweight, they'll make you go on a diet. And anyone of any age can audition.

9) is it good if u can sing live?

Common sense.. yes. There'd be no point if you can't sing live, unless if you want to be those fake stars...

If they want something about you changed, they'll ask you to do it. They will not force it on you though... so you don't have to do it. But it's unlikely they'll ask you to do it.

11) trainee life?

Hard.

Umm... they'll pay for your living expenses once you become a trainee. They won't buy you stuff like necklaces or anything, unless you need it. But save money just in case.

Go home.

14) be placed in a group or solo?

If you're lacking something, then in a group.

Yes. I don't know a single successful k-pop star who hasn't dyed their hair at least 3 times.

Good luck. ^_^

I received an reply from YG ENTERTAINMENT. I applied for email audition,during the past few months,I sent 3 times to Yg and I waited every month but no reply too. Yesterday I sent to Yg again and sang few song (video) and on the other day, they replied me and asking me for filling up the application form, because I never fill in. Dogs this shows that Yg entertainment interest on me? Because the past few months I never fill in the application form too,and they never send a message telling me that I haven't fill in the form. But suddenly this time I sang a new song n sent them, on the second day they reply me asking for my PERSONAL INFORMATION (APPLICATION FORM).I am now so nervous and does this mean that YG have interest in me? XD

1) does nationality matter?

Yes. As long as you're asian, the will accept you. But Chinese, Japanese and Koreans are the ones who are accepted most of the time

2)do they accept non Koreans?

Go back to number 1

In jyp, in think 3? Email auditions and if you pass they will make you go to korea immediately. As in immediately. They dont care if one didn't come. There are thousands of auditioness and if 1 didn't come they dont really care.and if you pass the 2nd audition, you will perform infront of JYP personally. If he likes you, you will sign a contract blablabla and if not, you failed the last audition and goodbye. Keep auditioning! :) (btw, excuse my language). In sm and yg i think 2 or 3?

Of course, just like Krystal from f(x) shes a korean but she's an american citizen. They let her study at KENT. A korean school for foreigners

Yes. School as in school and school in your entertainment. At school, mostly korean language. Same normal lessons but more on korean. School at your entertainment: You will have a trainer who will teach you how to dance, sing, act, play instruments, and etc and also they will teachyou other languages mostly korean and english.Not sure on this one

Yes

They will give you a dorm. And you will have a dormmate/s too. Yehet haha but remember they can be your friends but there are competitions like debuting

8) age and weight limits?

Age? Some companies are strict but YG? they dont care how old you are, as long as you have the talent, theyll accept you but it is harder to be in YG. Weight? According to my research, yes they will accept you and put you on a strict diet. SM ent. is very strict in weight limits. Just like, TOP from Bigbang, he was fat back then and he auditioned for YG but he didnt get accepted because of his weight. They let him go back home and exercise and lose weight and audition again and TADAAA

9) is it good if u can sing live?

Yes. Singing live is just so normal to kpop life/kpop star or maybe trainees

HAving a plastic surgery is your choice, not theirs. They will tell you what they want to change in you body but it is your choice to undergo plastic surgeries. Minzy and CL of 2ne1 rejected it but they use alot of make up but they are pretty with or without make up right?

11) trainee life?

Trainee life is hard. So damn hard. You have live alone. Practice and practice and practice. They will give you vacations but some dont go to vacations because they want to debut. After you finish your classes at school, you will go straight to your company to train. Trainees really works hard but yg staffs dont want to stress trainees likes making them practice until am (but some does that) and there are light limits too. I mean the company also closed haha

They will make you go to korea and you will pay for the ticket, hotel/dorm, but if you didn't get accepted, they will pay you back

It's your choice. To audition again and again or to give up. (Use park bom of 2ne1 as you role model or example:))

14) be placed in a group or solo?

Mostly, group.

When auditioning, no need to color your face with tons of make up, bb cream is enough. They want natural beauty. Mostly SM. Yes(maybe?) because it is kpop. Uniqueness. Maybe it is your choice too? Some wears wigs but some dye their hair

Sorry for wrong grammars or typos

Source(s): Research (Planning to audition for YG)
  • Amy

you are too ambitious, just win your school talent time first, then go to state, then join the contest with tv coverage like malaysian idol, those organised by astro, then only you go international

I LIKE K POP IM FILIPINA