Christians have you genuinly read your bible?

He is a murderer (god) and he stoned someone to death for working on the wrong day, he kills you basically no matter what..

why do you have faith in such a monster and there are so many contradictions its unreal

Update:

Just think about it, its a book,how on earth could a book tell the future its impossible

Update 2:

Reverend i can't tell if your atheist or not but they probably only believe in it just incase he is real, he's as real as santa claus, if there was actual proof i would believe, there is no proof at all, and no the bible is not proof

Update 3:

There is no such thing as Sin.

Update 4:

Obviously there is going to be somethings in there that happen, if he has predicted pretty much everything to happen, some of it is actually going to happen.

Update 5:

Just A Messenger: The only person who created me is my mother and father, not some weird pedophile and rapist/murderer.

Update 6:

Kent: In a years time i will send you that message and say, what a freak

Fireball: That makes no sense.

Update 7:

Koroh: i respect you on that!

Update 8:

No thanks Jereh, i'd prefer to not look up some random word that means nothing to this world

Update 9:

Why are you lot trying to explain to me who GOD, is? I know who he is, but it is unbelievable

Update 10:

Also the word Covenant, that doesnt apply to me as i dont believe in god Jereh.

Update 11:

Also Noah's Ark, if you believe it then yeah, how on earth can you fit all the animals in a boat? wheres the whales gonna go?

Update 12:

I dont care who you guys believe in, im just proving a point.

Update 13:

Dude you may of put 2 minutes of copy and paste into that, but im not wasting 5x the amount of time into this.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

Yes, I have and have an Associate degree in it, and can easily refute your assertions and accusations with rock hard empirical evidence that cannot and will not be denied by any logical person, for one, you claim God is a Murderer? Popycock and balderdash, It is true that God has intentionally killed many people. (God never “accidentally” does anything.) In fact, the Bible records that He literally wiped out entire nations including women, children, cattle, etc. In addition to that, God killed every living creature upon the face of the earth with the exception of eight people and the animals on the ark (Genesis 7:21-23; 1 Peter 3:20). Does this make Him a murderer?

As already stated, to kill and to murder are different things. Murder is “the premeditated, unlawful taking of a life,” whereas killing is, more generally, “the taking of a life.” The same Law that forbids murder permits killing in self-defense (Exodus 22:2).

In order for God to commit murder, He would have to act “unlawfully.” We must recognize that God is God. “His works are perfect, and all His ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He” (Deuteronomy 32:4; see also Psalm 11:7; 90:9). He created man and expects obedience (Exodus 20:4-6; Exodus 23:21; 2 John 1:6). When man takes it upon himself to disobey God, he faces God’s wrath (Exodus 19:5; Exodus 23:21-22; Leviticus 26:14-18). Furthermore, “God is a just judge, and God is angry with the wicked every day. If [man] does not turn back, He will sharpen His sword; He bends His bow and makes it ready” (Psalm 7:11-12).

Some would argue that executing the innocent is murder; thus, when God wipes out whole cities, He is committing murder. However, nowhere in Scripture can we find where God killed “innocent” people. In fact, compared to God’s holiness, there is no such thing as an “innocent” person. All have sinned (Romans 3:23), and the penalty for sin is death (Romans 6:23a). God has “just cause” to wipe us all out; the fact that He doesn’t is proof of His mercy.

In short?

Every person dies in God’s own time (Hebrews 9:27; Genesis 3:19). Jesus holds the keys of death (Revelation 1:18). Does the fact that everyone experiences physical death make God a “killer”? In the sense that He could prevent all death, yes. He allows us to die. But He is no murderer. Death is part of the human experience because we brought it into the world ourselves (Romans 5:12). One day, as John Donne put it, “Death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.” God, in His grace, has conquered death for those who are in Christ, and one day that truth will be fully realized: “The last enemy to be subdued and abolished is death” (1 Corinthians 15:26).

God is faithful to His word. He will destroy the wicked, and He holds “the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment” (2 Peter 2:9). But He has also promised that “the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23b).

Source(s): TR
  • 6 years ago

God is not a God that is a task master, God did not kill everyone for sin. Only the heathens that did not believe. Example Moses order the killing of those who were not on God's side and worshipped the golden calf. He just come down from talking to God and seen Israel worshipping a golden calf. Neither did God strike Aaron down for making the golden calf or kill Moses for ordering the slaying of those worshipping golden calf(baal). What does this tell you God has mercy on who He has mercy. Faith out ways the laws of God. But those that break the laws of God with faith will get corrected. Those that killed those that worshiped were visited by plagues. Yet Moses talked to God face to face. Exodus 32-33. Take time to read it. God protects his people of faith, not all believed and feared God that why death came to some and not others.

• 6 years ago

Yes I have read the Bible and still do. But I do more then just read it- I study it and therefore do not see things the way you do!

For example God gives life not death.

Sin just means you did not do something the perfect way. I doubt you ever accomplished a task with out making a mistake.

It is clear that there is more you don't know then what you do know.

• Dante
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

"genuinely"?

I have ACTUALLY read the entire bible a number of times.

You claim:

God is a murderer.

God stoned someone to death for working "on the wrong day."

God, as a basis for everything, kills us? [Then what?]

God is a monster.

That there are a high number of contradictions [in the bible?] and therefore it is a derealization of the perception of reality.

Therefore, upon your own perceptions of these things, how can I dare to to live my own life in faith when you disapprove?

I have faith because I have a different perception than you and I do not need your uninitiated opinion to give me permission to live my own life.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

See me i see God as Father. Like any parent in this world, they will guide you and try to give you the tools to become successful! But at the end its all on you what you do, the choices you make and the way you live your life! When you read the Bible you can interpret things differently simply because we all have different glasses ( as an example) you may see things through yellow glasses, i see the same things through pink. So my perception is different than yours. God doesnt kill, humans kill, accidents kill.

• jereh
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Might I suggest looking up the word covenant.

It's an agreement, that when broken results to death. The Israelites agreed and it was their choice.

They chose to have the covenant.

They chose to break it.

-----------

then pretty much you'd make fun of Christianity in ignorance. I'd rather you make fun of Christianity knowing things. rather than being ignorant about it. no offense.

btw: when I said "look up the word covenant" I said it in a rhetorical manner. I gave the explanation right after... please actually read the lot.

knowing vocabulary does not have anything to do with theology.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Yes, I have.

God is a murderer and stoned someone for working on the wrong day? I will assume you have not read it. Read it for yourself instead of assuming whomever told you that is correct. Find out if its real or not for yourself.

• 6 years ago

He is the savior of your eternal soul.. He created the universe and all that is in it, (that includes you) so you need to come to grips with what is truth and what is real, know God and what He is trying to tell you in the words He left us through the prophets that wrote it. the bible, It is History and it is life.

John 6:68

But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

If you think all the stuff described in the bible really happened, you're wrong. There's tons of symbolism in it and everything shouldn't be taken too literally. God just has a weird way of describing things

• 6 years ago

I just give "Thanks" most of the negative things that has happened in the Bible are not happening over here even if they still are going on in other parts of the world. We really have no control over it. He does. So I figure, if things are not so bad over here we are lucky to still be in His favor even if He is not in ours.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.