Can you take Maca Root and not get pregnant?

I recently went off the pill and got an IUD, Paragard, (no hormones, has copper coils). I am very pleased with the Paragard. However my periods are very irregular and I have been researching Maca Root. It seems like it would be a good fit for me but everything I read says it helps with fertility because it regulates your cycle. I want a regular cycle but do not want to get pregnant. I have 2 small children. So will Paragard still prevent pregnancy while taking Maca Root? Has anyone done this before?

Thank you

Favorite Answer

maca root does not cause pregnancy,

paragaurd works by blocking sperm from fertilizing an egg. maca root has no effect on that whatsoever. also beware that dietary supplements are not regulated by the FDA and are often contaminated and do not contain the actual amounts of substances they claim to contain.

Maca Root Help Get Pregnant

The tips to get pregnant given below are some effective ways to get pregnant fast and are natural ways of getting pregnant. Read here https://tr.im/g4kPB

Women can easily keep a tab on their ovulation by maintaining a temperature chart. Usually around the time of ovulation there is a spike in the temperature of women.

Stress and strain has significant role to play in respect of reproductive cycle including ovulation and menstruation. So if you are planning to get pregnant see to it that your partner as well as you are calm and collected.

Diet, weight, physical fitness and lifestyle have direct bearing on pregnancy. This holds true for both men and women. Both underweight and overweight may be exposed to the risk of infertility on account of difficulties in ovulation. So optimum importance should be given to body weight. One should opt for balanced diet, regular work out and exercises.

1

Source(s): Reverse Infertility http://netint.info/GetPregnantNaturally/?bX5L

I know the previous person answered but I would like to add for the asker as well as others who will read this, maca does create a very fertile uterine environment which makes pregnacy 110 times (an exaggeration but you get the point) more easier to achieve. So if you are the issue for a pregnancy not occurring, maca will make it happen for you. Maca is a food like a yam which contains high levels of hormones needed for female bodies to operate efficiently. If you like your vitamins as a whole food or live, the maca is a great option. But like the previous answerer said, the paraguard will kill the sperm which will cancel out the pregnancy.