Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 7 years ago

英文的幾個文法問題 (雜)

Q1.I have two brothers,neither of whom is married.

為何這句neither of whom 後面接的是is?

neither 跟none的用法跟後面接的是單數還複數型態動詞?

Q2.N,+which/who+S+(believe think feel know consider expect suppose be sure suspect)+V

這個句型看不是很懂

例句:The police are trying to find a red-haired woman,who they suspect is one member of the organization claiming publicly that they are going to assassinate the world-famous rich man.

suspect後為何直接接is?

Q3.Being sad,she received the inforrmation from her family that her pet passed away through the phone when she was at work.

Being可省略改成Sad,.........嗎?

因為好像有adj,S+V的用法

Update:

Q2.句型來自高中課本

Q3.另一例:Thankful for his parents' support,Wu sends out the message:"I hope all parents can reconize their childen's talents,fully support them,and give them the opportunity to grow and learn.亦即adj,S+V的句型(截自高中課本)請問如何解釋?

1 Answer

Rating
  • Louis
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Q1.I have two brothers,neither of whom is married.

為何這句neither of whom 後面接的是is?

neither 跟none的用法跟後面接的是單數還複數型態動詞?

"Neither" and "none" are used for referring to each of two people, things, actions, or ideas when saying something negative that applies to both of them.所以只能接單數型動詞。

neither of whom裡的of whom是用來修飾前面的代名詞neither,雖然whom的先行詞是複數的two brothers,但neither of whom和one of them一樣,前面的one才是主體,是單數。

Q2.N,+which/who+S+(believe think feel know consider expect suppose be sure suspect)+V

這個句型看不是很懂

例句:The police are trying to find a red-haired woman,who they suspect is one member of the organization claiming publicly that they are going to assassinate the world-famous rich man.

你斷句的位罝不對,they suspect是[插入語]。插入語是作者用來加註,判斷,評論,或表達其情緒的用語,與句子的結構無關。你應該把S放在括號內,這樣who就不會和S搶當關係子句的主詞了。

suspect後為何直接接is?

因為is的主詞who的先行詞是a red-haired woman是單數。

Q3.Being sad,she received the inforrmation from her family that her pet passed away through the phone when she was at work.

Being可省略改成Sad,.........嗎?

因為好像有adj,S+V的用法

being開始的分詞有兩種可能:

Being used daily, the telephone book began to look rahter old and torn up.這裡的being是助動詞衍生的分詞,幫助動詞use形成被動態。

Being a student, he was naturally interested in museums.這才是由動詞be衍生的分詞。雖然現在分詞通常表示其時間點與主要動詞同時,但being ...通常只表示as he is(即因為...)。不能將being省略。

這種~ing ....的結構,在前面的分詞片語是屬於副詞性質的述部修飾語。

你所說的Adj S+V.應屬倒裝句構之一,如感嘆句:How beautiful you are!這是將主詞補語移到主詞和動詞之前。在形容詞後面不會加上逗號。

修飾語是單字時,通常是放在其修飾的名詞之前(當然有不少例外)。

2014-01-16 10:41:54 補充:

更正:neither才是用在兩個之一的狀況,one則可用在多個之一的。

2014-01-16 10:42:52 補充:

typo: none誤打成one

none可用在多個之一

2014-01-17 10:25:16 補充:

Thankful for his parents' support, Wu sends out the message: "I hope all parents can recognize their childen's talents, fully support them, and give them the opportunity to grow and learn.

這裡的thankful ...與主句無結構關係,只能視為[插入短詡],是作者所加的註譯或判斷。

Being thankful ....寫成分詞構句時,與主句才有結構關係,是述部的修飾語,表示原因。

2014-01-17 14:51:57 補充:

用形容詞片語當主詞補語的形容詞子句(當名詞的修飾語)在寫作時,可以精簡只剩下形容詞片語:

如 You are quite embarrassed, as you have to adjust your order.

> Quite embarrased, you have to adjust your order.

2014-01-17 14:52:30 補充:

They that are frequently proud and determined fit the stereotype of a genius.

> Frequently proud and determined, they fit the stererotype of a genius.

2014-01-17 16:20:26 補充:

這樣講可能比較清楚:

(1) 主詞補語為形容詞的形容詞子句可以精簡後只保留形容詞當[插入語].

(2) 主詞補語為名詞的形容詞子句可以精簡後只保留名詞當[同位語]

History, which is my favorite subject, has always fascinated me.

> History, my favorite subject, has always fascinated me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.