Would you fly again if you survived a plane crash?

I'd feel like lightning can't strike twice but then I would get nervous before the flight and might decline.

Favorite Answer

LOL... yes, I did (twice). I had a minor helicopter crash in 1988, and then survived a major crash at sea in another helicopter in 1992... I was back on flight duty as soon as I could after both crashes. After 8 years in helicopters I went on to fly in Navy Tactical Jets for another 12 years... no crashes there, but many close calls and watched a few other birds crash.

I retired in 2010, but still fly our family STOL propeller plane from our ranch on a weekly basis at least.

I DID have a buddy who survived a helicopter crash in 1987... his first after qualifying as an Aircrewman, and he never flew in a helicopter again. However he transfered to flying as a Systems Operator in the S-3B Viking off the aircraft carriers for another 12 years.

• SB

I probably would not, but a friend is a flight attendant and he has survived two plane crashes. He broke his back during one of the crashes and it took almost two years for the healing, and he still flies, several times a week.

Yes. They say that you could (assuming you lived that long) fly every day for 3 million years and not be in a crash.

I wouldn't have a choice honestly....:(

I'm already nervous enough and planes naturally shake in the air which could make me scared every time. Lol.

• I always face my fears so yes I definitely would fly again.

Yes i Would :)

if you did your a fool

Probably. ~*

• ?

no.