Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentEmbassies & Consulates · 6 years ago

Can I go to the Philippines on a Tourist Visa and apply for an AEP with the DOLE later?

I went to the Philippines with a friend this past summer and fell in love with the country. I want to go back to stay with my friends family for a year + and very possibly find work. As we all know it is very difficult to find work at such a far distance... Is it possible to apply for a 12 month multiple entry tourist visa and get an AEP (Alien Employment Permit) from the DOLE (Department of Labor and Employment) once I find a workplace willing to hire me for a job. I read that with the 12 month visa, the multiple entries are required? Or are the entries optional? I just want to be able to stay with my friends for an almost indefinite period of time. I just want to go there, live off of the money I already get every month then live the philippine life, even if I can only get a job at Chowking. :)

2 Answers

  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Fill in the forms and give it a try There are NO guarantees. Sorry the days of just moving where you want in this world are long over.

    Millions of Filipinos are looking for work too. They had a little rain recently and some would like to get a roof over their head.

    Please use the Government websites for accurate information. There is much fraud with Agents.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

    can i build a business in the pilippines

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.