Are the FBI trained for combat?

I had a rather odd dream last night that involved an FBI member, a school lockdown, and guns. ANYWAAAAAAAAAAYS I told my mom about it and I told her that it was weird because the FBI are detectives pretty much but the guy in my dream had a gun and she said that FBI members do probably carry guns with them.

I just imagined them as people in suits doing detective work, are they trained for combat if they're threatened?

Favorite Answer

FBI agents are Federal law enforcement officers. they have been armed and trained in the use of firearms since the 1930s. They are given excellent training in police firearms tactics. Members of the elite FBI Hostage Rescue Team (HRT) are trained tactical operators, although all FBI agents are not trained at that level.

I have been a Police officer for over 40 years, and I have been a detective for 30 of those years. I carry a firearm and I am trained in police firearms tactics. What would make you think that detectives are unarmed? It is true the the FBI does not often engage in shootouts, and only about 20 agents have been killed in the line of duty since the Bureau was founded in 1924. However, lots of us who wear suits (detectives, FBI agents, Secret Service agents, IRS agents etc.) carry weapons and are trained law enforcement officers.

FBI agents are required to have their firearm with them at ALL times when on duty unless working an undercover assignment. They are also required to carry their weapon off duty almost all the time.

• Bruce

FBI agents are federal police officers with full arrest powers. The training the receive is similar to the training any other police officer gets.

Source(s): Law enforcement since 1991

They also use tanks to kill kids like at Waco. Go join and you can create false terrorist plots and attack your enemy America.