Could/Might/Will her feelings come back?

Okay, so I asked out (who happens to be) my best friend, and her response wasn't one I was expecting, if I was expecting anything. It was speechless and kinda overwhelmed, saying "I don't know what to say." She said she's been seeing this other guy from her work (which I did suspect), but it's not even "dating" yet so it's not like that. But here's the part that surprised me... I've known her for about a year (say the beginning of 2013) and she had a "major crush" on me for the first part of that year, and said she dropped hints that she liked me, but either they were too subtle or I was just too stupid to catch them. Either way, I didn't reciprocate it, and she suppressed those feelings because she didn't think she would have a chance. Little did she know that I DID have a crush on her, and I didn't say anything because I didn't think I would have a chance. Cruel, just cruel.

Well, I told her, she rejected me, but not in a bad way. We made it known that our friendship wouldn't die, and I feel like we're stronger friends than we were before. But, from your experience or not, do you think there's a chance that her feelings for me will come back? I've liked her since I met her, and still do, more than ever. Since she suppressed her feelings, is there a chance that they become un-suppressed?

I do feel better after telling her, but I've got a different weight on my shoulders, one I have less control over. Any help is really appreciated. :)

Favorite Answer

Make so room man cause I'm in the same boat as you.

You never know one day she might come around cause in the period of you talking to her, if you did enough to make her remember that you at different to any other douchebag out there then she could possibly come back.

Your out of luck bro, the time has passed. There is no changing her mind.