xoxo asked in TravelFranceParis · 6 years ago

How far is Provence (Toulon), France from Paris?

So I'm going to cruise around Mediterranean Europe

and I will arrive in France, Provence (Toulon) at 9 AM and the ship departures at 5 PM

So I would have 8 hours to spend in France and I would really like to go see Eiffel Tower

I googled, and found out that the distance between Toulon and Paris is 432 miles.

Do you think that's enough time for me to go to Paris and come back?

If yes, Is there a train connecting the two cities? or shall I take a cap?

• Tangi
    Favorite Answer

There are 695km between Paris and Toulon. The max speed on the highway in France is 130km/h. It means going from Toulon to Paris in straight line at max speed all the time (without making a pause and imagining the highway would go directly from the center of Toulon to the center of Paris), would take 5 hour and 20 minutes. It means going to Paris and going back to Toulon would take you 10 hours and 40 minutes (without taking the time to visit the Eiffer tower).

So you can't do it by car.

The TGV (high speed train) doesn't go in a straight line and it takes 4 hours to go to Paris from Toulon.

And this is without considering the fact than the eiffel Tower is not near the Gare de Lyon (the train station where the train would arrive), it can take hours to buy a ticket to the eiffel tower, etc...

So in short, no you don't have the time to visit the Eiffel tower.

But you can still visit Toulon : http://toulontourisme.com/en/office-de-tourisme/th...

It is quite obvious the either you own your own bank or have taken out a mortgage on your house.

It is so easy to look at a Yahoo or Google map and find that Toulon is about 500 five hundred miles from Paris and a round trip would take about 14 hours and I doubt if a cab would charge less then $1500 for such a trip. Maybe for $10000 you could find a private pilot to take you to fly around the Eiffel Go to Marseilles,

the second or third largest city in France and try the worlds best bouillaibaise.

Marseilles to Paris by TGV is 3 hours. Toulon to Marseille is about 30 minutes. So the best you could do between Toulon and Paris and back is 7 hours. Obviously insufficient for doing anything in Paris.

Can't be done.