Can I buy a plane ticket when I'm in Iceland using Icelandic Kronas since it's cheaper?

I'm currently 20 and a junior in college, I'm doing an exchange program a year from now (spring 2015) and one of the countries I'm considering is Iceland. The currency there is Icelandic Kronas. $1 USD= 115.89 Icelandic Kronas. The airfare is one of the most expensive costs of my trip and I was... show more I'm currently 20 and a junior in college, I'm doing an exchange program a year from now (spring 2015) and one of the countries I'm considering is Iceland. The currency there is Icelandic Kronas. $1 USD= 115.89 Icelandic Kronas.

The airfare is one of the most expensive costs of my trip and I was thinking that maybe I could take advantage of this currency change and buy my ticket TO Iceland here in the US with my USD and then once I'm in Iceland and have all my money converted to kronas, purchasing the plane ticket FROM Iceland in Kronas?

Would that work since that's the currency the country uses? This would be RIDICULOUSLY cheap! A round flight to Iceland isn't all that expensive anyways, cheaper than going to the further European countries. It was a little over $1000 last time I checked. Even if the ticket costs $1000 kronas, that's only around $8 in USD?

I've noticed most things are cheaper in Iceland. The university doesn't even charge tuition, just a general fee that equals about $600 USD per year.

I just need some tips on studying abroad and traveling!