Josselyn asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

What shampoo and conditionair and products should I use for my hair?

i damaged my hair badly about a year ago. I died it 7 times in one night. (surprised I still have hair on my head) About January last year I cut it really short, and again in June I cut like 3 inches again. My hair won't grow a lot. Its stiff, and its dry. I used to have beautiful soft hair, and now its stiff, dry, it almost looks like hay. I'm a natural Burnett and died it blonde and every other color you can think of. Its been about a year and my hair isn't getting tons better, I have used numerous of products, but none have worked. I just want some tips to make it better. My hair is still short above my shoulders. What shampoo would you recommend and conditioner? Any hair products? Any ideas, or tips would be great. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Hi! I had the same problem! I recommend you to use Matrix Biolage Shampoo and Conditioner, also 1-2 a week use deep conditioner. This will keep your hair soft and not frizzy, Make SURE you drop down on heat, that includes hair straightners, curlers and HAIR DRYERS and if you have to use hair dryers, use the COLD mode on it because if its too hot then it will damage your hair. If you have split ends then make sure you trim your hair.

Shampoo and Conditioner recommended:

1. Matrix Biolage ( the Bamboo one)

2. Tigi Bed head (Elastic one)

3. Loreal Profesional

4. Garnier Fructis

5. Shwarzkopf sily smooth (the pink one)

6. Head and Shoulders

7. Dove, hair treatment

I have the same problem. I bleached my hair many times and my hair is still recovering. I switch shampoos every month. Tresemme is my number one choice. I get the platinum strength which supposedly repairs 3 years of damaged hair. When I feel that my hair is getting used to it I switch to L'Oreal total repair 5. Sometimes I get Dove.

Wash your hair every other day because shampoo tends to dry out hair. To keep it moist I use a leave in conditioner by Garnier Fructis on days I do not wash my hair. Once a week I use Aussies 3 minute miracle. I would also suggest you use a hair mayonnaise that could be found in the ethnic section in drug stores, I personally make my own.

If you brush your hair and you see hair falling out use Garnier Frutis fall fight spray.

Source(s): Been bleaching and dying my hair for 6 years

"I used to have beautiful soft hair," There's your answer!

Do whatever you were doing to your hair BEFORE using hair dyes. Remember this: heat & chemicals = hair's worst enemies.

If you know how to have beautiful HEALTHY HAIR, then, you should be able to have that same result NOW.

Hair products are NOT made of glue to fix, prevent, reverse hair from getting damaged, or hair loss, or make them grow . . . . they are a billion dollar business. They also do NOT give money back guarantee for damaged hair or hair loss caused by heat & chemicals - hair's worst enemies. • Hair products may claim one or more benefits, but usually they do not have scientific base.

"No hair product can change the hair's biology," says Eric Bone, senior VP of global research and innovation @ L'Oreal USA. "Products that 'repair' them are like glue used to put a broken vase back together. At the end of the day, it's still broke," says dermatologist Paul J. McAndrews, MD, a clinical professor @ the University of Southern California School of Medicine. "Overall, products are a temporary fix, although some can help prevent damage. But your best bet is really to stop damaging hair, period."

Example 1: "Hello, my hair is bleached and I've colored it alot in the past.

I haven't retouched my bleached hair in a month or two and my hair is Constantly breaking off!!! I'm losing SOOO much hair!!! Especially in the middle of my hairline

Ive been using Moroccan oil conditioner, olive oil masks and my hair is still breaking off! PLEASE HELP ME."

Vidal Sassoon's brand was applied to shampoos and conditioners sold worldwide, with a commercial campaign featuring the iconic slogan in the 70's: "If you don't look good, we don't look good." He once said: "there's more money in the hair products than hairstyling".

Example from Craigslist FREE Offer: "Various hair and body items that I have used very little of each one. They are all excellent products but just do not work with my hair."

"Overloading the hair doesn't give better results. If you need more than more than 2-3 styling products, you're probably using the wrong ones." Hollywood's most admired heads of hair - Sarah Jessica Parker, Julianne Moore, Gwyneth Paltrow, Blake Lively, & Julia Roberts - said superstylist Serge Normant of NY & L.A. salons.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Auyjf...

Source(s): 5 decades of great hair know-how, previously dyed & permed my hair in the 80's & 90's, hair down to my waist. The only PRODUCT I've used was shampoo & conditioner. I haven't used conditioner for 19 years, we have soft water. When traveling, I briefly rinse with bottled water.

My hair used to be super soft too but after using hair straightener the hair became dry and damaged too,the best shampoo I've had was tresemmé and for hair conditioner i use Kérastase nutri-thermique which does magic with my hair lol,or if u don't like the Kerastase then try some of body shop ones,people say they are good too :)

I am a licensed cosmetologist and I know that choosing the right shampoo for your hair is super important. Unfortunately I am not sure what that is from what you have told me here. But here is a link to my nonprofit beauty blog, and the post all about finding the perfect shampoo for you. I talk about different shampoos and what hair types and types of damage they work best for. I hope this helps!

http://angelawoodwardbb.blogspot.com/2014/01/findi...

L'Oreal is a good shampoo.

It made my hair soft and smooth in the first try my friend died her hair used it worked it really good just pick out the one you think is good and use it or ask someone is shop to which one you think you should use.

Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Extra Nourishing Cream Shampoo and Conditioner. It worked for me and I've bleached and dyed my hair more times than I can count :p

i have nice hair and i use tresemme