Why is my brother so ADDICTED to Monster Energy Drinks?

My brother has been addicted to monster energy drinks for about a year, or a little more now. Since he turned 17.. It wasn't as bad then, but about 6 months ago it started getting BAD. Its getting to the point where my mom will buy ME a 4 pack of Monsters so I can stay awake in the mornings (I wake up to go to school at 5am) and I will hide the 4 pack, and when I'm sleeping, he will search and search and find the 4 pack, and drink like 2 of them at once.. And I'll wake up with 2 left, bring one with me in the morning, and when I get home, the 4th one will be gone. And when he has money, he'll go to the store and get 3 monsters, one for me, but I usually just keep it for the morning, and he'll drink his two and then mine. So basically, he usually has 2 or 3 a day. Our recycling is filled with monster cans. I usually have 2 a week lol. I know they are very unhealthy and people have died from them before, and am wondering if he can be in trouble?

So my main question is.. Why is he so addicted? Is there an addictive ingredient? Does he just like the taste? Like to stay awake?

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

caffeine is VERY addictive but can be easily overcome.

using energy drinks to wake up for school is not a good idea for you either. You will also become addicted to the caffeine. what makes you think you would be immune?

If you need to get up so early, you REALLY need to get to bed early as well.

If your brother drinks so many a day, it CAN effect his heart and he could potentially have a heart attack. Caffeine raises your blood pressure too.

http://news.yahoo.com/5-hour-energy-drinks-suspect...

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/10/22/fda-5-rep...

B vitimans plus the caffeine mixed together get you feeling high and revved up. B 12 and B vitimans are for energy.

Yes, caffeine is addictive. Drinking too many energy drinks can cause a heart attack.

Caffeine is an addictive drug, that can hurt your health in the long run.

May be caffeine addiction and he may also be addicted to the rush it might give him

• Pieman

I have no idea. Maybe he doesn't mind the terrible taste of it.

caffine in it