Unemployment Insurance Help, filed in my new state but my old state pays more!?

I moved from Oregon to Wisconsin in September and worked at the same job for almost three years. I found a job here in Wisconsin at the end of September, and was "let go" right before Christmas. I immediately filed for unemployment here in Wisconsin and have been waiting a decision for three weeks while they investigate why my last employer let me go. I got a letter detailing that my benefits are all based on my Oregon earnings.

Here is the question, I just found out that Oregon will pay me almost $180 more a week, so should I stop my claim here for Wisconsin and start one for Oregon?

Thanks!

• Judy
    Favorite Answer

No, you were laid off in WI so can only file there.