Alex
Alex asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 7 years ago

Is there a news source that doesn't have a pro-feminist bias?

I order "The Week" and most magazine issues have at least one article discussing a women's issue; 50-70% of the issues discussed are either non-existent, highly exaggerated, or are only looking at the female side where the issue can affect anybody, and I have yet to see a single men's issue being discussed in that magazine. I've been getting issues of that magazine for about two years now. I'm stopping my order as soon as I can, but I'm still going to have to deal with this crap with EVERY news source except .....?

And I don't want a source that is specifically anti-feminist, and I don't want a republican source like Fox News either.

• Elana
    Favorite Answer

I think you're going to find it very difficult to find something without bias unless it avoids a subject entirely.

Really the only way you can do it is by reporting lots of different points of view and how it effects lots of different people.

My problem with feminism has always been that it NEVER reports what effects its policies has on men. I've never thought that women don't need advocacy - they most certianly do - but to claim that feminism is all about equality and THE ONLY people who are all about equality, when in fact they are nothing more than a rather single minded advocacy movement for women - makes them dangerous.

At least MRAs point out what they are doing and why.

As MRAs gain traction, I'm 100% positive we'll be muttering the same things about them, but right now, the vast majority of them, at least in the West, are fighting an uphill against court systems, political systems and media systems that are singularly feminist.

So if a magazine has an article on an issue affecting women, it's pro-feminist? Maybe they have few articles on men because men already own and control everything.