kate asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 6 years ago

Why doesn't lipstick look good on me?

Lipstick never seems to look nice on me, not any color. I have pale skin, rosy cheeks, freckles, blue eyes and dark brown hair. Has it got something to do with my skin tone? (I have a cool skin tone). Or is it just the shape of my lips? Have you got any tips? Thanks 😊

Best Answer

With cool skin you should not wear a bright colour as it overly highlights your lips and dims your face and brightens the lips. Don't think that lipstick doesn’t look good on you,it looks good on every girl providing they know which one to wear and how to balance with skin tone. Firstly apply a liptint if you have one if not don't worry .then apply the lipstick wait for around 5 minutes and then apply lip gloss .ensure that you highlight your cheekbones with blusher to balance it all out.

Source(s): Just something I do myself and works well for me

I use think the samme way! you just have to find shades that suit your skin tone. Since you have a cool skin tone you should go with like a blue undertone lipstick. You could even try a tinted lipbalm since those arnt as dramatic as a lipstick

Source(s): I LIKE MAKEUPP :)

I think dark reds look good on a cool skin tone!

Have you tried Dark Red or Red? I find those colors to be really pretty on cool skin tones

You don't need lipstick. It's ruins your lip pigment and then you are forced to wear lipstick or your lips are pale. (Pigment is the colouring in you skin, in this case lips) I think dark red would go well with you if you insist to wear it but there's nothing wrong with a plain lipgloss or lip balm! ~good luck~

Every girl is different and certain things never look good on certain girls but look amazing on others. Try doing eyes instead, that might look better?

because every girl has different facial features