Is my Laptop Compatible with Windows 8?

I currently have Windows 7 Ultimate installed and i want to upgrade(?) to Windows 8. I tried to install Windows XP once but couldn't so i was wondering whether i could install Win 8 on it.

SPECS:

15.6” Widescreen WXGA Colour TFT BrightView Screen Display

Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T4400 (2.20 GHz, 1MB L2 Caache)

NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Dedicated

2GB RAM

320 GB Hard Disk

8X DVD Writer

Wireless LAN 802.11b/g

Bluetooth

Altec Lansing stereo speakers

Webcam with Integrated Mic

5-in-1 integrated Card Reader

3 USB, HDMI, RJ-45, VGA, Headphone out, Microphone in

6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery

Weight: 2.36 kg

@Alex: I was told 8 had a simpler interface and is faster compared to 7 and also i need a change!

Will it perform better with 8? because note that i have mediocre specs and i want it to be performing the best it can.

If it was just down to performance, with my specs, Win 8 or Win 7?

wow! such rave reviews!

@Alex

my win 7 is 32 bit and the xp i tried to install was 32 bit

PERFORMANCE WISE, GUYS!!

WIN 7 OR WIN 8!!???

xD

Favorite Answer

Of course you can but i will prefer you windows 8.1 to 8 and more than that i would prefer you 7 coz' Windows 8 is real crap its just good in visual looks you will find many problems operating it

According to the specifications mentioned, your laptop should be compatible with Windows 8.

Here are the minimum specifications specified by Microsoft to install WIndows 8 (or Windows 8.1) :

>>Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)

>>RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

>>Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

>>Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

Some other additional requirements for certain specialized features are mentioned in the link given in the source, but looking at the main requirements, I dont think there should have any problems running Windows 8 on your laptop.

However, since you were not able to install XP on it properly, I would recommend you take help from a computer technician for the upgrade. Also, the technician may be able to help you install all the required drivers and softwares.

Good luck.

of course it can do windows 8 but take the advice from a fellow man, windows 8 is not an upgrade ive been all over the chart, XP vista 2000 7 8, 7 is godly compared to 8. just please trust me and maybe the windows XP you tried was a 32 bit compared to the 64 bit that i think that computer requires

Source(s): hacker/programmer
  • ?

Yes! the laptop will be able to run Windows 8 fine, you are probably running Windows 7 now so Windows 8 will not be better by any noticable amount to you, so to upgrade would be dumb :)

It will but it will be a custom full install, so backup all your data. I always run the Windows update advisor, but this one can't tell if you have UEFI BIOS, not essential but it helps With Windows 8, still a few bugs in it of course if you go to 8.1

Source(s): IT Tech

Indeed your computer is compatible with windows 8 but windows 8 is old now. There is windows 8.1 which your laptop is indeed compatible with. But you will need to buy this Windows 8 upgrade disk then go to your windows store app and find the windows 8.1 update. And as well as that you will be able to keep everything on your PC :D

Link for upgrade -> http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-8-Pro-Upgr...

• Anon

It can be done, but being a non geek I got myself a Toshiba C 660 Intel Pentium.

Beats my old hp by far.

Source(s): Picked it up at a car boot btw!! £120
  • Joseph

Honestly don't get w8. It's terrible, especially with their weird tile menu thing. It worked alright on their mobiles, but, no, not for a computer. Stay with 7. Spend the money on something else.

I downloaded Dreamweaver for free here http://j.mp/1p33QRP