Potty training please help?

My son will be three in April he's starting preschool than for a speech delay I am trying to potty train him and I need help he crys the whole time he's on the potty I've tried to bribe him and everything Cheerios and all that stuff don't work he will sit there forever and not do anything! Should I not let him get up till he goes? Or is that mean? He is almost three and has never once peed on the potty and I want him trained by the time he starts preschool in April. Oh and don't just say he will when he's ready I have seen five year olds in diapers so please please help

• Pippin

Yes, he WILL train whn he's ready. The fact that he's still in diapers at 2 years 9 months doesn't mean he'll still be in diapers at 5. 2 1/2-3 1/2 years is the usual range, so he has another year before he'd even remotely be considered 'late.'

The fact that you 'want him' trained doesn't mean that he is ready to be trained. And the more you try to force him, the more resistant he'll become. Imprisoning him on the potty until he pee's is just plain cruel.

(Bribery is also useless if he's not physically able to do what you are asking. Is it fair to him to offer him prizes that he cannot possibly win?)

Forget about it for now. He may be ready in a month, or six months or a year. And when he IS ready, it will go quickly and easily.

Does your little one look interested in the potty-chair or toilet, or in wearing underwear?

Potty Training is a huge stage for kids and dad and mom alike and the secret to achievement is this https://tinyurl.im/aHMne

The system start off Potty Training covers a assortment of topics. She talks about distinctions amongst training boys and ladies. She has special sections in the system for specific requirements youngsters (autism, down syndrome and so on) and also a segment specially for twins/multiples, and older youngsters who could be a lot more challenging to train.

The ideal component of the system is the ?bumps in the road? area, which every single potty training parent will face in the course of potty Trainingso this program is the greatest program for your kid.

Make it fun. I have a son with severe speech delays along with several other issues, and rewarding him with stickers on a piece of paper taped in front of his "potty" worked great. In fact, that was the only thing that worked for us. Praise works wonders with children. Be sure not to scold him, or to make him afraid to use the potty. Once you instill any fear into him, or make him uncomfortable, he will not go. Another thing, maybe he wants some privacy, try shutting the door, or just leaving it cracked open, that may help as well. With my son, peeing in his potty took about a month, but pooping in it took several months. We finally curbed his pooping by refusing to give him a diaper. He really didn't like the feel of soiled "big boy" pants. Sure, its messy, but I feel that that is what finally convinced him that the potty is the better choice.

He doesn't need to be potty traded before he starts pre-school.

Actually, it'll be better for you to wait until he has begun pre-school and has settled in. Otherwise you may find you get him trained, and then he get set way back by the sudden change to his routine.

And the pre-school will work with you to get him traded. With the same routine at home and pre-school he'll find it much easier - its just a case of waiting until he has settled in.

show him smething he likes and say ull give it to him until he sits and starts to pee and try to force him even if he cries thats the only way he will learn