Winy asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 years ago

Becoming a game warden?

Okay first i'm going tell you my weak point and it's math do I need to be good at Math to become this ? I mean I always had difficultly at math I feel like a failure anywho that's my weakness I like learning science English I'm good at thoses subjects I don't mind biology . It's just math I'm scared of . Would there pay be enough to support me ? What classes do I need? Thanks

• J.W.
    Favorite Answer

Requirements to become a game warden and how you become a game warden depends on the agency that you want to work for. Visit the websites of the agencies that you might want to work for. Agency websites often provide information about their applicant requirements, about how to apply, and about their hiring process. Getting a college degree is one of the best things that you can do. Many law enforcement agencies require or prefer applicants to have college. Having a degree could help you get hired by some agencies. Some agencies pay their officers more if they have a college degree. Having a degree could also help you get promoted during your career. Agronomy, animal science, biology, communications, criminal justice, environmental science, fisheries/wildlife biology, conservation biology, forestry, forest management, natural resource management, range management, range science, agricultural science, zoology, ecology are some majors that you might want to consider. If you are interested in animals and/or the outdoors and law enforcement, you might want to also consider titles such as animal cruelty investigator, humane law enforcement officer, and park ranger. You might be interested in federal jobs such as Uniformed Law Enforcement officer for the United States Forrest Service or Special Agent, Wildlife Inspector for the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, or Special Agent for the Environmental Protection Agency. Consider local, state, and federal jobs. Best of luck!