Switching from Ortho Evra to Microgestin Fe?

I had very irregular periods, and after 4 months of missing them (No chances of pregnancy), I was prescribed the Ortho Evra patch. I love it, but on my first patch free week my period was extremely heavy, painful, and one of the worst I've ever gotten to the point I couldn't get out of bed.

I read that the FDA has not reccomeded continuous use of it as to skip periods, so I went back to the clinic and was given Microgestin Fe. I read so many horrible reviews saying it gives majority of people depression, mood swings, decreasedsed drive, etc. I am quite uneasy about switching now. All im looking for is a pill that lets me skip periods w/o such horrible effects. Anyone have any suggestions/experiences?

• Dan
    Favorite Answer

You can switch from one birth control to another by following the regular birth control schedule and after completing one cycle of the previous birth control