Marissa H asked in PetsOther - Pets · 6 years ago

Sugar gliders in Georgia?

Hello,

I will be moving to Georgia in a year or two after finishing my bachelors degree. I want to live there and find a job. But I have 4 sugar gliders, pets only tho no breeding or anything. I know the law requires you can have them as long as they have lineage. But doesn't that only apply when you get them there? Since I'm moving there is it different? My gliders don't have lineage and I do not plan on getting rid of them. How would I go about finding out for sure? Who would I contact?

Thanks,

Marissa Howland

Favorite Answer

Please read, it says "Note: Sugar gliders are legal as pets if the owner possesses valid documentation that the animal originated from a source inspected and regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture.": http://www.georgiawildlife.org/ExoticPets

You would need to contact them for more information. On the website there is a "contact us" option where you can select the county you will be living in for their phone number.

Good luck.

Sugar Gliders have to be purchased from USDA breeder to be owned in Georgia. If you have that paper work you are fine. If you have 4 female (since girls can't be spayed) you will have to have a usda license even if no other males are in the home.