? asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 7 years ago

Security team/company/group/business?

i want to open a security company operating in oregon/washington states. i want a legitimate company, with discipline, professionalism and respect. I want it to be an opposite of the "traditional guards". I went to college and graduated with a criminal justice degree, also have about 3-5 months total experience in security, might not seem a lot but i am just tired of being treated like a "guard" and like you're a nobody. I also have training in defensive tactics, baton, handcuffing, self defense, and my DPSST. My first customer would be my church, thats were i want to start off with.

the problem is, i have no idea were to start, can i make it as a charity business and then later on make it as a LLC?

and i couldn't find anything on opening a new business in oregon state, so if your from oregon please help!

also, if i reside in oregon, can i open a business in washington state?

thanks for all the answers.

• Henry
    Favorite Answer

Go to score.org and find your local SCORE chapter. Call them and arrange for a free meeting with a volunteer SCORE mentor. They will guide you through the process and you can meet with them as many times as you need to.

SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide and is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).

SCORE has 364 chapters in locations throughout the United States and its territories, with 13,000 volunteers nationwide. Both working and retired executives and business owners donate time and expertise as business mentors.