Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 7 years ago

Are there any music venues in New York and northern New Jersey that aren't just for people 18 and older?

Webster Hall, Terminal 5, and Music Hall of Williamsburg rarely have shows for anyone younger than 18 and it pisses me off. The artists that I want to see there are absolutely perfect (Beach House, Bombay Bicycle Club, ect..) and I can't even go to a show because I'm fifteenth?!? I do not get this at all, I just want to go for the music not the drinks. Anyway, is there any other places that have really cool music that me and my friends can actually go to?

Favorite Answer

Hey Clara--

I totally understand, it can be super tough to find anywhere cool to hang out even in (or especially in) the city. While there are plenty of venues with great music that will let teens in, you have to really hunt for them! Try the Beacon Theatre (beacontheatre.com), Gramercy Theatre (venue.thegramercytheatre.com), or the Nuyorican Poets Cafe to start. You can also check out the source link below for a huge list of clubs that allow under-21s in, though some shows may require a parent to come along. Have fun!

Sam

StageBuddy.com