My teacher is gonna sue my friend for no reason!?

Okay so I was wondering if she can legit sue my friend over this: Okay so we were all doing this paper that she gave us in the first part of class (the usual) and then she start coming around and putting x's on all our notebooks and we are like whoa whoa whoa and then explains that we were doing the wrong bellringer and then points to this thing none of us bothered to look at. So I was like whatever I'll take the zero since everyone else is. And that's when it all went down. She tried to write an x in my friend's notebook and my friend was very polite and said please don't write in this journal but she continued to write an x in it and so my friend sort of pushed the teacher's hands away and then the teacher got all angry and called her mom later that night and threaded to take her to court and send my friend to AEP. This is very stupid to me, especially since we are in the 9th grade. Anyway so can she really sue my friend for all this?

Favorite Answer

Yes she can. But the outcome of the trial all depends on the story told, how it's told, and how serious this situation is. Honestly, I think this whole situation could've been easily avoided if the teacher wouldn't have been obviously angry as she seemed to be. Maybr she missed the D or something? Jokes aside, I believe your friend will come out of this ok while your teacher comes out looking psychopathic, unecessary, and stupid/wrong. I'm pretty sure witnesses will be called on and the only witnesses there were your piers. I'm pretty sure the same story will be told in the SAME way each time witnesses tell it. One of my teachers in middle school did practically the same thing, and after winter break, he was never seen again. Good luck!

P.S.- Class of 2017! Woot!

Source(s): I just told you!

If your friend put her hands on the teacher, that is assault. If the teacher thinks AEP is deserved, then we all know your friend did significantly more than "sort of push(ed) the teacher's hands away".

I think your friend may need AEP before she does serious harm to someone.

Nope. And she wont!

Your friend pushed the teachers hands away when she touched her property? Hell no can she sue for that!

Plus it would cost her alot of money to take it to court. It's not going to happen!

Absolutely not. If the teacher was damaging personal property then it's against her and her job.