Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

My brown hair looks green in the light. Should I re-dye it?

I'm a natural dirty blonde and the past couple of years I would lighten my hair every once in a while. It was a light ash blonde and then recently I finally decided to go light brown. It looks really good at home, but at school in the classrooms tons of people point out that it looks greenish, it's so embarrassing. I don't know if it's the lighting or what. Should I re-dye it? I'm worried because I dyed it barely a week ago and I'm worried it will be damaged. Is there another way to reduce the greenish tint so I don't have to?

Favorite Answer

Oh, God. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, so I know exactly how you feel. This is what worked for me.

Don't dye your hair again... you don't want to do any unnecessary damage. Instead, use a clarifying or anti-dandruff shampoo. Both of these types of shampoo are known for their hair dye-fading abilities. It should help get rid of the nasty green tint, and leave behind your desired brown. It might not happen after one wash, but keep at it for a week or so. You'll definitely see improvement.