Amazon Prime question?

So my dad has had Amazon Prime for just about six months now and he's never had a problem with it before. Except I found some stuff that I wanted to get for cheap, they were like a penny each and I thought we were supposed to get free shipping for anything. And it looked like we were going get free shipping because the total showed only $12 for all 39 items I had in the cart, but as I was checking out, the shipping came up. I don't get it, why did it charge me for shipping?

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong category, I couldn't find anything for shopping or whatever.

Favorite Answer

It probably charged you for shipping because the item you tried to purchase was not Prime eligible. You can only get free shipping on items that are Prime eligible. Prime eligible items are typically fulfilled by Amazon- meaning that whatever you're ordering comes from the Amazon warehouse, so they have complete control of the free two-day shipping. Things not Prime eligible are typically fulfilled by other individual sellers or businesses, and Amazon has no direct control on how fast it gets to you, or the cost of the shipping. Be sure to look next to the item price for the Prime logo, which indicates it is Prime eligible. If not eligible, no logo will be seen.

Hint: Items $1.00 or less are typically not Prime eligible, so look for the same item for a few dollars extra, whereas that extra few dollars will get the item to your door much faster!

• Henry

Amazon prime only covers items shipped by Amazon. Items shipped by Amazon affiliates are not covered.