Uncertain questions regarding MS?

I am 20 years old, occasionally I experience a blur in my vision but as soon as I blink it goes away. I've

Spoken with my eye doctor and she said it is possible to be an early sign of ms.

I meet wth my doctor Friday but I'm so worried I won't be able to live my life normal, have children or walk I guess I'm paranoid cause idk if I even have it yet. Can anyone share info maybe early signs and symptoms. Or reassurance I'm having tons of anxiety and I feel like my life is ending

Favorite Answer

Sounds like floaters, everyone has them. I don't know why your eye doctor would think of optic neuritis based on the symptoms you describe here. What an a*** she is to scare you like that. It's like mentioning the possibility of a brain tumour when someone has a headache.

I have had optic neuritis and early signs of it for years before I had it, and it was nothing like you describe here. Hopefully whatever you have will turn out to be nothing or just something minor.

For what it's worth, having MS doesn't mean you can't have children. Many people with MS have children, and while there is a small genetic factor in MS, it is so small that MS is not considered an inherited disease.

Also, just 10-15% of those diagnosed with MS will eventually end up bedridden or in a wheelchair. 5% will lead completely normal lives and the rest are somewhere in between. Having MS doesn't mean your life is over, far from it.

In any case, I wouldn't worry about MS. Try to relax and hope for the best instead of fearing the worst.

Source(s): Diagnosed with MS in 2003.

My grandmother has MS and its much more serious then having a blur or foggy ness in your eye. You could have floaters (Nothing serious) and your eye doctor can treat that right away (: I wouldn't worry