Arnold Schwarzenegger Political Courage?

During his time as California Governor, did Arnold Schwarzenegger do anything politically courageous? I've been unable to find anything on the topic, during the end of his governorship he had a very low approval rating but it was from many little things, nothing spectacular. Was there one specific thing that... show more During his time as California Governor, did Arnold Schwarzenegger do anything politically courageous? I've been unable to find anything on the topic, during the end of his governorship he had a very low approval rating but it was from many little things, nothing spectacular. Was there one specific thing that Schwarzenegger did that was politically brave or unpopular with his peers or constituency?

Political courage being defined as something that cost the character re election, his constituency, personal wealth, or social status.

We were assigned an essay on Political courage in my highschool for a contest, i made the poor decision of choosing this man, and am locked into writing an essay about him.

Please help an hombre out.
-Jimmy :)
Update: That's all good and well, but none of these answers thus far are a specific act of Political courage. An unpopular governor later in his governorship, but nothing spectacular was don.e