My PC is beeping, Help Please.?

Basically I am building my first PC, I have built it all and I know that I have done everything right because I went through numerous website and tutorial videos and had done everything that they had instructed.

The issue is that I put on my PC after building it and there are short beeping noises that last for around 10 seconds, I counted the short beeps and it amounted to 40 or so.

My friend said that it is the Power Supply Unit (PSU) is that what it is?

SET UP--------------------------------------

Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX650Ti 2GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black

Western Digital 1TB internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue (3.5 inch)

Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Z77 Express, DDR3, S-ATA 600, ATX, PCI

Express 3.0, 2x USB 3.0, Support for Q-Flash and BIOS)

Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit

Also it did work once but once I switched it off it didn't work again

Favorite Answer

Depending on your system, the way that your computer deeps at you will tell you the exact problem. This is called a computer beep code. Have a look at what it might be at:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/...

From experience, it is more likely that your RAM is incorrectly inserted, or that it is not compatible with your motherboard. Make sure ALL components have been correctly installed with the use of anti-ESD prevention