Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 6 years ago

英文填空題ˊˋ

(一).Sometimes we are not as smart as we think we are. The person in charge of 1.( ) at a large 2 .( ) thought that his 3. ( ) was not a smart man. The new man had a plan to improve profits利潤. Since there was a(n) 4. ( ) of labor in that area, he thought he could get more work from a smaller number of people, because they could not find another job somewhere else. At his 5.( ) , people had to work ten hours a day, including Saturday. He 6 ( ). the complaints of the workers, because he thought he was a very 7. ( ) person. Most workers were 8. ( ) to this plan. They didn’t quit their jobs, but the quality and amount that they produced 9 . ( ) sharply. When the president of the company investigated the reason for the lower production, he found out about the manager’s idea. The president told him he was a(n) 10 . ( ) and fired him. Now the personnel manager is looking for a job. It’s funny how things work out sometimes.

答題代號:

(A) idiot(B) surplus盈餘(C) shrewd精明adj.(D) predecessor前任n.(E) insistence

(F) declined拒絕v.(G) disregarded無視v.(H) resistant抵抗的(I) personnel人員n.(J) corporation公司n.

(二).

1.The interior(室內)designer is purchasing(購買)__C_____ for John's new house.

2.The city council(評議會)took a(n) __H_____ move to safeguard(維護)the burst(爆裂)dam.(水壩)

3.Mother Teresa was a very ____B___ person.

4.There was not enough air in the small box, so the animals ____D___..

5.He is from Vietnam and he has been a(n) _ _____ in Hong Kong since 1990.

6.The country is in ___ _A__ after the students' violent(暴力)protests(抗議).

7.Wait until the story ___ ___ I guarantee(擔保)that you will be surprised!

8.The typhoon has upset the __I_____ of life in this area.

答題代號:(A)chaos(B).compassionate有同情心的(C).drapes窗簾(D).suffocated堵

(E).refrain避免n.v.(F).stabilize穩定(G).refuge避難所(H).drastic激烈的

ps.上面填了一些(不知有錯嗎,填到後面不知要填哪個了)

Update:

啊- -'' ,第二題字數滿了所以露掉了

第二題答案代號是:(A).chaos(B).compassionate(C).drapes(D).suffocated(E).habitat(F).stability

(G).refrain(H).stabilize(I).refuge(J).drastic(K).unfolds(L).whereabouts

2 Answers

Rating
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You must give me 15 marks like "D"; as all answers in (Two) had been given excepting E=finallised v. and F=stabilisation, not as in D? no.:-----

(Part One):-

1.I personnel

2.J corporation

3.D predecessor

4.B surplus

5.E insistence

6. G disregarded

7. C shrewd

8.H resistant

9. F declined

10. A an idiot

(Part Two):-

1.C

2.H

3.B

4.D

5. a G

6.A

7.E= finallised verb; refrain,No such answer

8.F= stabilisation ,not as in D, No.

2014-01-06 18:15:21 補充:

The Amendment:-(Part Two):-5.=I refuge,not G.

7.=K unfolds not E.

8.=E habitat,not F

• D
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

(一).Sometimes we are not as smart as we think we are. The person in charge of 1.( (I) personnel人員n) at a large 2 .((J) corporation公司n ) thought that his 3. ((D) predecessor前任n ) was not a smart man. The new man had a plan to improve profits利潤. Since there was a(n) 4. ( (B) surplus盈餘) of labor in that area, he thought he could get more work from a smaller number of people, because they could not find another job somewhere else. At his 5.( (E) insistence) , people had to work ten hours a day, including Saturday. He 6 ((G) disregarded無視v. ). the complaints of the workers, because he thought he was a very 7. ( (C) shrewd精明adj.) person. Most workers were 8. ( .(H) resistant抵抗的) to this plan. They didn’t quit their jobs, but the quality and amount that they produced 9 . ( (F) declined拒絕v.) sharply. When the president of the company investigated the reason for the lower production, he found out about the manager’s idea. The president told him he was a(n) 10 . ((A) idiot. ) and fired him. Now the personnel manager is looking for a job. It’s funny how things work out sometimes.

1.The interior(室內)designer is purchasing(購買)__C_____ for John's new house.

2.The city council(評議會)took a(n) __H_____ move to safeguard(維護)the burst(爆裂)dam.(水壩) This is a dumb question. You want to safeguard people, not dam.

3.Mother Teresa was a very ____B___ person.

4.There was not enough air in the small box, so the animals ____D___..

5.He is from Vietnam and he has been a(n) _ G_____ in Hong Kong since 1990.

6.The country is in ___ _A__ after the students' violent(暴力)protests(抗議).

7.Wait until the story __F_ ___ I guarantee(擔保)that you will be surprised!

8.The typhoon has upset the _______ of life in this area. No answer for this one.

Source(s): me
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.