Can you recommend simple practical circuits using logic gates...?

I have limited knowledge of electronics although I have just taken this a step further and have managed to build a half adder and a full adder using both TTL chips and with just transistors on a breadboard (hey, it works!).

Now I'm left wondering if I can extend this knowledge and if there are other simple circuits I can build that use logic gates - links or lists of components and values would be really useful.

I'm using a 5v power supply so projects based around this would be great although I can get a larger power supply if the projects seem worthy.

spacemissing - thank you for your answer however I don't have enough knowledge of electronics or components to make that call. I'm looking for ideas to build my knowledge rather than actually having useful projects (all the better if they are but its not a prerequisite).

Favorite Answer

You seem to have a solution that is looking for a problem.

Turn the situation around.

Decide what you want a circuit to do,

then figure out how to make it happen.

[From U.S. via Y!A Canada]

I was enjoyed building circuits, I found several good sources and one of my favorite pieces was developed by Texas Instruments, called the MSP 430 launch pad Value Line series. If you build logic circuits is a great must have tool. You can generate your logic signals utilizing its I/O, and interfaces easily with a computer to do data analysis if you wish.

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/t-transistors/2n-s...